·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man your truck is going to be out of control. Are you getting this exact bumper or the hybrid bumper?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
haha just you wait my friend.. I got alot of stuff going on. Its the exact bumper the prerunner bumper. I dont think they make a prerunner hybrid bumper do they? He since you have the whole setup wants some wheels and tires to go with your rig? I need to sell mine since Im racing the truck. They are sweet, and kinda bummed Im buying things 2 and 3 different times.

·
Registered
120 Posts
06LVTACO said:
There have been many great writeups on Demello bumpers but I have yet to see any on this bumper. Ex. DirtyDc 05 had a great bumper writeup. I just got rear-ended and am looking to upgrade. This is their Prerunner rear bumper for 05+ Tacomas. I know Demello always turns out great products but does anyone have Pro/Cons with this bumper? Here is the link http://www.demello-offroad.com//catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_23&products_id=110&osCsid=d05190a6c10d016dc59f0c0c907c84b3

"We use a 3/8in mounting plate with built in shackle recovery tow point. The bumper also feature's a built in 2in receiver with mounting provisions for your factory 9 pin connector and two back up light mounts."

What if you already have a factory receiver installed?
Do they offer one without the built in receiver?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
thats a great question. I didnt have a hitch so this was kinda a bonus for me. This thing is so tough that the factory hitch you have on there probably would have to go. This is a completely welded tubing etc.. Ill get pics next week when it is on. Youll like it alot, but to for warn you guys, you need to get rear bumper caps to fill in the gap of the missing orginal bumper. This will set you back anywhere from 130-150. I have the glassworks bumper caps and they are great! So if your going to add this, remember you might have to spend more money.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ryguy said:
haha just you wait my friend.. I got alot of stuff going on. Its the exact bumper the prerunner bumper. I dont think they make a prerunner hybrid bumper do they? He since you have the whole setup wants some wheels and tires to go with your rig? I need to sell mine since Im racing the truck. They are sweet, and kinda bummed Im buying things 2 and 3 different times. They are raceline chrome forged rims.. Paid about 350 or so and I also have 295 70 r 17 toyo mt tires.. I need to go bigger to 35" and true beadlocks.. Anyways.. let me know man! BTW.. You have a bad ass truck!
Do you have pics of rims and tires? Send me a PM. Ive read that you are prepping this truck to race. What class? Next years Baja?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
06LVTACO said:
Do you have pics of rims and tires? Send me a PM. Ive read that you are prepping this truck to race. What class? Next years Baja?
ahhh i see! Yeup I do. PM me your email addy and Ill get pics of them. They are sweet, I just need to go bigger. Im going to race stock class 8 and stuff of Score and Core.. Im also wanting to do baja 1000 & 500 next year. Im caging my truck in feb. Just trying to get all suspension and drive train out of the way first.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
06LVTACO said:
I just got rear-ended and am looking to upgrade.
That's Vegas for you. Same thing happened to me by the Galeria Mall. Kid in a Cavlier nailed me at about 35-40, which pushed me into a Camry in font of me. Bent my rear bumper, put a dent in the cab where the bed flexed into it from the impact, and broke the weld from my exhaust mount on the muffler. No front end damage since I had an ARB bumper at the time. Now I have an All Pro rear bumper and a rust spot on the back of my cab that I need to get painted. Good luck with the bumper search.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SinCityTaco said:
Get one fabbed, they are better looking, and less expensive. There are several places in town that do good fabricating.
Man I have had about zero luck out here with offroad shops. Who do you go to? I just had Demello send me their sliders.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lets see those rear bumper pics.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
having problems with camera. But this is basically what it looks like. This is the one done at DMZ. see how they made the bumper end caps covered by the extra plating. I couldnt get that done for some reason. Here is the link: http://www.dmzfab.com/images/peterearbumper2.jpg

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats really clean. What does DMZ want for that?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts