TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone is running the rear demello tube bumper with a towing hitch, i searched and didnt find anything, so save youre flames.
any pics would be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
i was wondering if anyone is running the rear demello tube bumper with a towing hitch, i searched and didnt find anything, so save youre flames.
thanks
From what I have seen, any DO bumper has a towing hitch... all the ones you see. have a hitch.

·
Registered
394 Posts
thanks
I have been wanting to see one some as well. Wish I could see one on a step side.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Here is mine

Haven't towed with it, but would have no problems doing so.
Not the greatest picture though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you are worried about towing, just buy a receiver hitch that bolts to the frame. I picked up a brand new one for about 125 from the parts store up here in MN. Then no need to worry if it is going to hold.

·
Registered
532 Posts
thanks
it has a tow hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate. it is recommended for recovery only and not actual towing though some have towed with it. i dont believe you can bolt an aftermarket hitch receiver to the frame because the bumper utilizes those frame mounting points. your best bet, just call up demello and ask them all your questions.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
We tow our 4000 pound pop up trailer with Demello's wrap around bumper to all of our events. It holds it just fine. He has tabs on the bumper for the 7 pin plug as well. It is a very strong bumper.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
We tow our 4000 pound pop up trailer with Demello's wrap around bumper to all of our events. It holds it just fine. He has tabs on the bumper for the 7 pin plug as well. It is a very strong bumper.
That trailer of yours weighs 4K?!?! Holy shiat!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it has a tow hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate. it is recommended for recovery only and not actual towing though some have towed with it. i dont believe you can bolt an aftermarket hitch receiver to the frame because the bumper utilizes those frame mounting points. your best bet, just call up demello and ask them all your questions.
thats what i was wondering if an aftermarket will work with it....
thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
thanks
Here's mine - Tow hitch is behind the license plate.

·
Registered
925 Posts
the allpro rear bumper will work with a hitch if you cut the hitch off the all pro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.