TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off.. YES, I know I need to wash my truck. 2nd, Yes, I'm going to paint them, Black Hammercoat to match the rest of my bumpers and flares..

With that out of the way, check out these awesome new sliders Jason built for me.. They are his Hybred Sliders, with hoops added. These replaced my old Rockstomper ones that had been modfied and basterdized over the years, and also had the hoops, which saved my sheetmetal more than once.

The inside and legs are 2" square steel, and the outside and hoops are 2" round. Freaking beefy, If I somehow manage to damage these with only my IFS I should get a medal or something. They are built super clean, nice welds and everything, and fit perfect.. they are welded on, my old Rockstomper ones were bolted.

I also got one of his new front skids (also replacing my old Rockstomper skids) They have got to be one of the best designed front skids I've seen, supper beefy and mount nice and easy, and do not reduce my ground clearance at all. How beefy are they? Well the set we installed on my truck had already been through the Rubicon on his truck.. and they still look brand new. I'll post of pict of them later.. but for now, here's the sliders..:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Happy New Sliders!!! They look awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
Nice! I like! :D
 

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
Joined
·
208 Posts
Dig the sliders man!! I like the ones Jason put on my DCab...

One question though, and I'm wondering how I"m gonna do it too... How do you intend to get the paint on the back sides of those hoops??? You think spray will get there good?? Of course you'll tape and mask, but.... Is there a "better" way?

I'm wondering how to get it on top of my stand-offs for a good coating.

Jody.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outback said:
Dig the sliders man!! I like the ones Jason put on my DCab...

One question though, and I'm wondering how I"m gonna do it too... How do you intend to get the paint on the back sides of those hoops??? You think spray will get there good?? Of course you'll tape and mask, but.... Is there a "better" way?

I'm wondering how to get it on top of my stand-offs for a good coating.

Jody.
There is just enough of an angle for me to get the spray paint in there.. I just finished doing it in fact.. but yup, masking is a must, I use a bunch of cardboard..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, Here's some more picts.. with the truck washed, and the sliders painted.. also a shot of the awesome skid..




 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More picts..


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
117 Posts
turbo4door said:
Wow that looks great! The skid looks excellent too. I need to have demello do me up a skid just like it.
The Demello skid is great. I got one after he did my front bumper. The heads on the allen bolts are already rusted pretty bad so I might need to find a better solution there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt said:
The Demello skid is great. I got one after he did my front bumper. The heads on the allen bolts are already rusted pretty bad so I might need to find a better solution there.
I painted them too.. LOL.. I think I painted everything by the time I was done tonight.. For some reason my faded Hella light covers are now Hammerright black too.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,393 Posts
turbo4door said:
Wow that looks great! The skid looks excellent too. I need to have demello do me up a skid just like it.
We are working on a batch right now! We built these all by hand meaning no lazer cutting. Which meansthey are a pain to build! This batch will sell for 400 each. the next batch that will be lazer cut will be 450.00 or I might do a opening sale?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
turbo4door said:
Any more pics of where the skid mounting points are (up front, frame rails)? How far does it go back, does it stop right after the steering? Id love to see :D
See the pict above on how far it goes back.. the frame for the skid mounts via the 4 bolts that normaly hold tow hooks, etc, and the 2 front diff mounting bolts. Then it's four allen bolts to mount the plate to the support frame. He's got a realy good design.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
those are too clean, and have no rock stratches in them... you web wheeler! HAHA.. they look good.. along with that skid plate.. which, thanks, btw for posting pics of.. you have given me the urge to pay Jason the $400 or $450 he wants! haha
 

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
Joined
·
208 Posts
That's a rattle can paint job??? You're f'n kidding!!! That's awesome work. I dont' see a run anywhere!!

I think I'm gonna do my sliders in hammered black too. Maybe satin black to match my flares since the truck is white... I'll decide at Wal-Mart :rolleyes:

:xcrybaby: ... must have one of Jason's front skids ... :xcrybaby:

Need a money tree.

Jody.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Outback said:
That's a rattle can paint job??? You're f'n kidding!!! That's awesome work. I dont' see a run anywhere!!

I think I'm gonna do my sliders in hammered black too. Maybe satin black to match my flares since the truck is white... I'll decide at Wal-Mart :rolleyes:

:xcrybaby: ... must have one of Jason's front skids ... :xcrybaby:

Need a money tree.

Jody.
Oh, there's runs.. I just lucked out and they are not in obvious places. Plus with the hammer paint being kinda thick it asorbes and defuses some of the runs.. Plus I've had lots of practice now.. Over the years I did my front ARB, rear bumper, fenders, diffs, skids, frame.. just about everything that was black I redid in hamercoat at some point or another, some have 3-4 coats.. LOL.. I don't like rust..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Tankota said:
Ok, Here's some more picts.. with the truck washed, and the sliders painted.. also a shot of the awesome skid..





Damn Dave you'll bent your frame before you dent those suckers. I can't believe you rattle caned your entire underside. You're right rust sucks..esp if you live near the ocean and drive in the snow. Glad you are stoked about your truck. :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top