TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved to Denver from Grand Junction, I used to be active in the Texas club and then North Carolina, but haven't done much recently with TTORA.

I was thinking about getting a new Tacoma and wanted to see if anyone had any advise on Denver area dealers? Any suggestions? Any to stay away from?

I've never bought a new vehicle, what can you reasonably expect to get a dealer down from sticker price?

Thanks

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome to the Front Range.

I haven't bought a vehicle from any of the Toyota dealers, but Mountain States pretty much sucks when it comes to service. I would personally avoid them myself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to COTTORA, Mountain States is very pushy, they jump all over you. I would stay away from them. I bought my 4Runner at Boulder Toyota, and would buy another from them. If yoiu can make the trip check them out.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If your serious now is a good time to buy. If you can find a new 08 you like the factor rebates are like $4k off MSRP now. Dealers are looking to sell also so you might get even more off of MSRP.

A lot of the nice sales people at Burt are now gone. The attitude towards customers has improved with our latest GM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just bought my taco, I went to mountain states for one reason and one reason only. They are a Costco Toyota dealership. The advantage of this is that I started at $550 under-invoice but they still have thier bs dealer handling charge of 500 bucks, so it was basically invoice. They won't move from that price, but you can negociate the value of your trade in, I got 1500 for my 93 camry with 168000 miles on it with a badly leaking transmission and a broken cruise control.

I think I got a good deal, but yeah if it wasn't for the Costco deal I would have left the dealership right away and unfortunately I think they are the only dealer with an affiliation to Costco in the area.

Also it is 1000 on regualr and access cab and 1500 on doublecabs, the 4000 is on the 08 Tundra.

Best of luck

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I bought my 96 and 03 4Runners as well as my FJ from Boulder Toyota. They seem to manage their inventory, have a lot of options and are ahead of the curve on rebate offers/good financing options. Quite a few good FCUs in the Boulder area that work with Boulder Toy as well. They also have a nice selection of used rigs and are willing to hunt things down from other dealers if you don;t see what you want.:2cents:

·
Registered
732 Posts
We bought our Camry at Go Toyota. Dealt with Jeff Lombardo. One of the few salesmen I've met and liked. He's in Customer Service now, but could probably set you up with someone. None of the other dealers would work numbers with us. PM me and I can give you his number.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Whoever you go with, deal with the internet sales guys as you'll be working with an invoice price, not trying haggle off the sticker price.

·
Registered
435 Posts
We bought our Camry at Go Toyota. Dealt with Jeff Lombardo. One of the few salesmen I've met and liked. He's in Customer Service now, but could probably set you up with someone. None of the other dealers would work numbers with us. PM me and I can give you his number.
See Tom Moe or Lane Ellis here @ Go

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I used an auto broker in the Denver area. H.M. Brown. It is flat fee and they get you exactly what you want. I was under invoice when I left and the guy helped me finish my private party sale of my car at no extra cost. They work with Burt as well. I have bought both of my Toyotas through them and won't deal directly with a dealer ever again.

Welcome to the front range and the Cottora club!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention: I drove over to Mountain States the other day....they're gone! No more cars, no more parts counter, no more nothin... They even ripped down all of the signs already. I assume they went out of business. They didn't move did they? Haha there was me and a Tundra that both made the turn in there...only to turn right around.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts