TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished painting my truck and I am super stoked with it. Sanded with 320 grit and a DA sander, Took about 14 cans for 3 coats. The paint I used was "RISTOLEUM CAMOUFLAGE DESERT TAN". I think it looks amazing had some overspray in a few areas but nothin some rags and qtips with thinner couldn't handle. Didn't put the front fender flares on yet since my front left one was cracked gunna fix it but that's next weekend. Next up is UPOL Raptor liner for the bed. anyone think I should left the mirrors black or painted the rain guards? Those where my 2 biggest quandaries but I'm happy with how it came out. Here are some pics lemme know what you think.

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
643 Posts
I think it makes a great primer to go ahead and upol the whole truck! The next step with mine (since the fenders are done) is to do the cab from the windows down.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i think i would spray some hammerite on the mirrors

·
Bearded Red Viking
775 Posts
My :2cents:...

I would have left the mirrors black, and considered doing the chrome on the rear bumper in a black as well.

Are you gonna touch up inside the tire wells with upol or some type of black? Just looks like some overspray in there is all making it look a little funny.

Looks good though. I like that tan.

·
Registered
209 Posts
x2 on the black mirrors, bumper and inner fenders. otherwise looks legit!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not too shabby for rattle can...

Do your fingers hurt?

Clear coat satin...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looks good, black mirrors and bumpers.

Your name doesnt make sense anymore though... pirateblktaco, lol

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good, black mirrors and bumpers.

Your name doesnt make sense anymore though... pirateblktaco, lol
haha yeah I noticed that whatever it adds character lol

Time for 01-04 tail lights.
I like the flat look of the early lights better if I do anykind of upgrade to the lights I'm goin with black LED'S off ebay or something. Do need some crystal headlights to put my TL projectors in too. hmmm

Not too shabby for rattle can...

Do your fingers hurt?

Clear coat satin...
Thanks, I actually bought one of those piss can attachments that make it into a pistol grip it was deff a god send.

Personally I would clear coat it now, and paint the rear bumper black.

Yeah I may do a satin clear coat gunna do the tail gate first and see if I like how it comes out. was waitin on painting the rear bumper to see if a nice aftermarket one was gunna come up in the F/S section but no dice yet. and yes to all about the inner fenders when I spray the bed the inner fenders will all be done too. theres no overspray in there though its a combo of dirt and the way the sun was everything was thoroughly taped off

Put on my fold in side mirrors I deff agree with everyone the black looks way better

·
Registered
223 Posts
hard to believe just painting your mirrors made that much difference. but that is just what you needed, now if you put a real bumper on the back...lol

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol I know right, waiting for a rear bumper to come on the market from a buyback guy or until I save enough for one. It seems like when I was in virginia everything cool that came up was out in CALI and now I'm in san diego everything good is on the east coast FML

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did you do the inside of the door jambs and under the hood? I'm considering painting my truck and wondering if I should do it myself or have it done. I'm going to do the prep work myself though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts