TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just thinking right now. The tires are on and now I am working on my next mod, locking the rear. Do any of you guys know if this detroit locker will work? If so how does it perform. I hear that the original detroit locker is the most dependable, durable automatic locker you can buy.

Let me know something.

Thanks!

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=51&cat=47&page=1

·
Registered
592 Posts
No Detroit avail. for Taco yet, but Powertrax No-slip is an option, as well as Lockrite. I'm very happy w/my No-slip, both on street and off road.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Are y'all 100% sure about the no Detroit for the Taco? I seem to recall Chris [Hytenor] recently proving me wrong when I made the same comment.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
No problem Randy, I could have been mistaken about Chris posting a new part# for the 8.4 Detroit not too long ago.....it certainly wouldn't be my first brain fart.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Murderman said:
No problem Randy, I could have been mistaken about Chris posting a new part# for the 8.4 Detroit not too long ago.....it certainly wouldn't be my first brain fart.
I hope they do build them soon.. I would love one in my prerunner.. The LSD dosen't quite cut it sometimes.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I am going to PM Chris, because I could swear he posted part#'s for both the Detroit and the TrueTrac for the 8.4 on the old board, and I was like "it's about freaking time!"

I searched the old board but could not find the thread, but I can only go back 3 months since I was/am Delphi basic. Hopefully, Chris can confirm whether I have lost what little bit of my mind might be left. :confused:

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Completely different deal Bryan. I know that Chris used to have a TT in the front before the ARB, but this was a specific dialog about 8.4 Detroits.

I PM'd him; he will confirm who the crazy one is. Maybe it was Tyler; I am certain SOMEONE gave part#'s and links to 8.4 Detroits very recently on the old board; I don't eat crow very often. ;)

It could have just as easily been a wicked PhotoChop/webpage or a bad [good] dream, but I don't think so.

We will get to the bottom of this. :D

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
It must have been some time ago then. I aint calling you Senile just yet( I am not far behind you). Let's hope that Chris logs on soon so this can be resolved. All I have found on the net is for the 8" rear.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
The Shocker said:
Damn it! Oh well, thanks for the posts.
you need the ARB anyway :D

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Thanks for clarifying Chris; I guess my memory was only half bad. :confused: BTW, the parent company is TracTech, not Detroit.

Either way, the fact that they are making TrueTrac's for the 8.4 is a good indication that the real deal "D" is coming soon. How long ago did the TT come available for the 8.4 app?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Murderman said:
Thanks for clarifying Chris; I guess my memory was only half bad. :confused: BTW, the parent company is TracTech, not Detroit.

Either way, the fact that they are making TrueTrac's for the 8.4 is a good indication that the real deal "D" is coming soon. How long ago did the TT come available for the 8.4 app?
Hmm, but they are called the "Detroit" Truetrac by Tractech. Is the regular "Detroit" locker company completely different?

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
The Detroit Locker and TrueTrac LSD are both manufactued by TracTech, Inc....we have a semantic disconnect only.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Murderman said:
The Detroit Locker and TrueTrac LSD are both manufactued by TracTech, Inc....we have a semantic disconnect only.
Are the at least made in Detroit? LOL

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Madison Heights does indeed appear to be on the north side of Detroit. :)

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Murderman said:
Madison Heights does indeed appear to be on the north side of Detroit. :)
well, at least it's not somewhere near Hong Kong ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts