TTORA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***NOTE: Brian contacted me via email and sent out replacement spindles, and offered to make up a new set of shafts and sell it all to me at cost. I have kept the spindles, but have decided to get shafts from ECGS that are necked down so that I can avoid running into the same seizing problem as last time. Brian is a good guy, and his axles are quality, but make sure you set aside ample time for the parts to arrive. ***

I have to call Brian out here a bit, I have been super cool with Diamond through all the delays. Pretty much the only reason my truck has not been done since June, is because of Diamond axle delays. Again though, I have rolled with it and been, probably overly chill about the whole thing. Well for those who don't know, my axle seized up and I sent him back the seized parts, shaft, spindle, hub assembly. He claims it was user error when assembling, and refuses to take any responsibility. Maybe he is right on this, I really can't say, but after spending $10,000 with the guy, and putting up with 1 year of delays, and to have the axle seize after 5 miles, I feel he should replace the spindle and shaft free of charge, especially since they make the shafts in house. But again, I didn't put up much of a fight, at this point I just want my truck on the road, or off as the case may be. However he now WILL NOT answer any calls, I have left probably 12 voice mails, a PM on pirate and an email. All friendly until the last one, I lost it, hes had my parts for almost a month now and the project is going no where, I lost it on the voice mail and pretty much told him how angry I am about this whole situation and not in a friendly tone. I received an email back after this stating that he had shipped the parts back and he was looking into getting me a spindle at cost. Ok, cool, but I need the stuff last week so I need to know what spindle I need so I can just order it, I emailed him asking this information and no response, also, still no response to any of my calls.

My first axle was ordered last June or so, and that was delayed more than quoted, but I did not get bent since my truck was not yet in the shop, and I just pretty much was cool with the situation. It ended up taking about 5 months to get that axle, 3 months longer than promised. When it came time to get my rear axle, I called Brian to give him a chance at my business. I liked Brian, and I liked what Diamond stood for, as a small company building quality parts, and I always prefer to give my $$ to the little guy as opposed to the big impersonal giant. I told him if he could promise me the axle would be at my door in 4 weeks I would order the axle today. Well, he promised, and I ordered.

The axle did not arrive for 4 months, for the duration of which my truck was sitting outside of a shop in North jersey. This was terribly frustrating, but i still did not lose my cool with Brian or diamond.

Because of all these delays, my relationship with the shop my truck was at went to shit, and my truck had to be moved to a new shop, ok truck moved. When the new shop was installing the rear axle, the caliper hit the rotor, i.e. the caliper mount was the wrong thickness, so I called brian and he sent out a spacer, GREAT! problem solved <-- this happend fairly quickly.

A few weeks later I got my truck back and drove it a few times, after which the rear axle seized. Shaft totally seized to spindle. That was around 10/07/2010, I got the truck in the shop on 10/15/2010 because i was out of town prior, once in the shop we took it apart and shipped the shaft/spindle/hub to Diamond on about the 20th of October. He cleaned the stuff and basically told me I have to buy all new shit but he would send me the parts back and i could try to make them work (though they are unworkable)

It is now December 20th and I still don't have my parts back, I dont have information on what to order from somewhere else, and the worst part, I haven't talked to brian in months because he wont answer his phone. I hate for it to come to this, but the situation has become so unbearably frustrating, that I no longer have any patience.

It is best to respond to your customers calls when they spend $10,000.00 with you. I hope you can get me my parts back soon and information on what to order so I can be on my way

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
that sucks man. always hate to here bad things about the "good" companies, but ur right thats f'ed up.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
well, it is fairly well known that Diamond axle lead time is, and has been since I can remember, 4-6months...not weeks. mine took over 4 and others I know waited the full 6 or more...months. Brian often takes what seems forever to get back to people...always been that way but he's always returned my calls/emails over the years.

what was the cause of the problem? did you have enough oil in there? was oil/grease used during assembly?

I know you're upset but you leave out a lot of details.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
it's understandable for him to "take a while to get back to people" but if what the OP is saying is true that he hasn't heard from him in months, that's unacceptable. Even if he's not going to fix it the perfect way that the OP wants it done, he could at least return a phone call or two.

·
Registered
587 Posts
it's understandable for him to "take a while to get back to people" but if what the OP is saying is true that he hasn't heard from him in months, that's unacceptable. Even if he's not going to fix it the perfect way that the OP wants it done, he could at least return a phone call or two.
Agreed... Even the best products in the world need good customer service to seal the deal.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
send hatred lawyer style--sue for damages!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Agreed... Even the best products in the world need good customer service to seal the deal.
exactly. i mean you can really even have bad products and good customer service (ex. your junk breaks and you replace it everytime=good customer service) And people will still talk good about your company...somewhat... if you meet those standards. But if you just live under your big name company and have no interaction/customer service when your products fail, regardless of the reason, thats pretty sad.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Jordan- It's all your fault.

You were nice. You were patient. You listened to why things weren't getting done. You allowed for the 'things' that come along in a custom build to happen. You didn't complain too much. You didn't complain too often. You paid up front. You adjusted your plans to match an unknown/unreasonable time delays. You acted like the customer you'd want if this were your business. You were respectful. What were you thinking?

Oh, and you aren't a KOH sponsored racer...:cool:

The only thing you did right was order directly from them, I ordered through another vendor and had that additional obstacle to overcome.

I have crappy brakes on my axle, I haven't dealt with it as I need to because it so infuriates me when I start to think back about the whole 'event' that I went through trying to be a good, supportive customer.

In the end, the axle is straight, it's STRONG, and I don't worry about the it; I'll give Brian that much, he does build quality product (spindle boring aside :D ).

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always thought, and still do, that Brian is a nice guy, And I was always very understanding throughout the whole process, as you say, probably OVERLY. I didn't get mad when I should have, and maybe that IS the problem. But it is to the point now where I just feel like I am being taken advantage of and forgotten all at the same time, which is weird since I bought 2 axles from them for over $10,000.00. You would think that would be a customer not to brush a side, but maybe that is chump change for them? Whatever the case, I really just want my truck on the road, and a call back would have made all the difference in the world. I hate having to put them on Blast like this, but I am so frustrated, so mad, and feel very betrayed by this guy/company.

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is one of the main reasons I will not do business with a company that requires full payment up front for parts I have to wait months for.

Sorry to hear about your issues and you have a valid bitch in my opinion. I would be breaking down his doors and making him prove that assembly was to blame and the not the manufacturing of the product. I would go as far as to be getting a lawyer and discussing your options with him.

Good luck!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can't beleive that people like that are even working for companies such as Diamond Axle. It amazes me that people can even offer that shitty of respect and care. It's almost worth driving to their HQ and confronting them in person.

I delt with a similar situation with my truck. When I had dropped it off to get the SAS done.. He told me 2 weeks.. TOOK HIM 8 WEEKS..:mad: No where near the time you have mentioned, but it still kills you inside.

I also ordered rancho 44044 leaf springs early Jan 2010. They cancelled my order late september and refunded me the money... BUT SERIOUSLY WTF 9+ months?? I'm sure they are STILL on backorder. :mad:

Sorry to hear about your lost cause. It makes me sick to hear stories like this. If you don't want to treat your VALUED customers, especially people who spend A SHITLOAD of money with you... Then get a new fucking job.

Good luck Jordan

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
what was the cause of the problem? did you have enough oil in there? was oil/grease used during assembly?

I know you're upset but you leave out a lot of details.

I’m still curious to hear about this.

What was said to have caused the failure, other than "install"? It’s not completely uncommon for someone to screw up an axle/gear install.

The lack of response I agree is a little ok a lot on the long end.

Im sorry your having so many issues Jordan!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.