TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with these? Good, bad, ugly?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
dick cepeks

4BYnTacoma said:
Anybody have any experience with these? Good, bad, ugly?
these are the newer skinnies right? I can't say 1 way or another on these, but I've had multiple friends that have had the kevlar F/C's and they ride EXCELLENT for such a large tire. I had a buddy w/ some 33x16.50's, man those things rode sooooo smooth!! They don't exactly have the best traction in mud or anything, but from what I know, they ride well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a buddy with the 40" kevlar on an 85 toy. I won't even go into on road because a 40 is a much different tire than a 33. But off road, the tread is mostly the same. If you wheel much, they will be a dissapointment. They don't grab rocks for crap. They do not self clean in mud or snow very well. I hear they do very well in sand though. Mostly because they don't dig in real fast.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Dick Cepeks

01tacoboy said:
I have a buddy with the 40" kevlar on an 85 toy. I won't even go into on road because a 40 is a much different tire than a 33. But off road, the tread is mostly the same. If you wheel much, they will be a dissapointment. They don't grab rocks for crap. They do not self clean in mud or snow very well. I hear they do very well in sand though. Mostly because they don't dig in real fast.
plus they're wide, so that helps w/ floatation!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
wslytoy said:
plus they're wide, so that helps w/ floatation!!
I have heard that the 12.50s do fairly well in the sand also. But yes, a 17" wide tire does float very well. Still sucked in the snow. He got stuck in the hole that I made with my 33" BFGs.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Dick Cepeks

01tacoboy said:
I have heard that the 12.50s do fairly well in the sand also. But yes, a 17" wide tire does float very well. Still sucked in the snow. He got stuck in the hole that I made with my 33" BFGs.

yeah they definitely SUCK in anything other than sand. Drag slicks are probably just as effective as Fun Country's.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anyone try these damn things yet?? I am trying to decide on some tires..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the FC II's on my '05. They are an aggressive allterrain, but definately not for anything sticky or gooey! They are fairing well in the snow for what they are. They have a small amount of siping that helps. Good for moderate wheeling, no mudding. plenty durable, good tread life.

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
While i have not had them personally i have looked at them quit a bit (they will probably be my next tires) and talked to lots of people who do have them and every body really likes them. They are not a true off road tire but if you do alot of on road driving too they would be a really good choice as they should wear well and still hold there own off road

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well damn i am scared.........i do lots of interstate driving at 80 plus mph, have to or ya will get ran over around here......after reading those other threads......dont wanna end up in Intensive care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seth,
Did you ever contact anyone at cepek/mickey thompson? I've had mine for about 7,000 miles, and they look great, no chunking. I wonder if there was a defect or other problem. Mickey Thompson is quite well respected in the tire arena, and I hate to think they would support a poor product. Just to clarify, I am not disagreeing that you had some major issues, just wondering if it was an exception.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts