TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Tacoma:

After finishing the very easy Amber DTRL by doing the replacing the old relay with a new relay and jumper I must have disturbed the Full time 12v Power outlet mod I had in there.

For those who don't know the mod was done simply by pulling out the first small blue relay at the bottom of the fuse board, on the left once you pull it out and turn it upside down.....Using a single wire with male connectors on each end (length 2.5 inches) to plug in each end to bypass the circuit that once went through the relay to now run back to the board. This keeps your interior 12v power outlets on full time even if the truck is completely off and no key in the ignition.

ANYWAY

This one is driving me nuts. After putting everything back together from the DTRL mod, I have 2 dead 12v outlets. Everything else electrically in the truck seems fine. I suspect when I pulled the board out to work on it...I must have shorted the full time outlet circuit, as the PWR OUTLET fuse was blown. But after new fuses the outlets are still dead. WHY?!?! I checked them ALL!

I'm thinking I might bring the truck to a local car audio place (NOT THE DEALER$HIP) to check my fuse board.

Does this make sense? :confused:

Chris

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I've returned to this 8 months later...yes I've had 2 dead power outlets the whole time! But it's not my daily driver so I've been dealing. Tonight I checked the fusible links in the backs of both sockets...both are good. Now what?

How can I find this short?

Someone out there has to know something....this has been viewed over 350 times with not a single reply.

Chris

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes to both....I have a test light and it fires up everywhere but at the sockets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts