TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Tim, you said that you had that part number for that brass fitting,..Thanks!....

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you said you had a nissian one and it was the same thing but only like a dollar something unlike toyotas which is like 6-7 Bucks,

·
FL VP
962 Posts
38323-C6010 and was saying it's like a buck or so less. I got the Toyota ones before I found that nissan had a part that would fit. Don't know what they will run now. I got mine about 2 years back.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I'm using the Nissan one. It was like 6 bucks if I remember correctly, but that was about 4 years ago... and I don't remember the part number :( I'll look around though

EDIT: here we go. Nissan part number is 38323-C6010
from here

edit again- just realized Toxic found it.. oops

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha Thanks alot guys!..I'm go pick one up!...

Gator, Are you running fuel line or the coiled up air hose line?...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah thats a good idea,..Maybe the Ace Hardware has one,...

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

·
FL VP
962 Posts
If I remember right its an NPT fitting I think I have my around here somewhere.

Here is two write ups on one using actual parts and a NPT fitting!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/15223-diy-differential-breather-extension.html

http://www.barneymc.com/toy_root/techneek/diff_brt.htm

"I did the rear differential first, finally deciding to go with the 1/8"
NPT tap and use standard 1/8" fittings."
It's not NPT it's BSP and why go through all the trouble of having to tap it to NPT? And if you can't figure out how to undo a dif breather with out needing to read a write up on it then you have more problems then there is help.

And anyone who sticks the breather into there gas door is still looking for trouble in this state. May not get you today but at some point you will find deep water.
see how deep it is and that's coming out of the hole.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It's not NPT it's BSP and why go through all the trouble of having to tap it to NPT? And if you can't figure out how to undo a dif breather with out needing to read a write up on it then you have more problems then there is help.

And anyone who sticks the breather into there gas door is still looking for trouble in this state. May not get you today but at some point you will find deep water.
see how deep it is and that's coming out of the hole.
nice submarine

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WoW!.....Thats some pretty deep water,...Where is that at?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Haha Thanks alot guys!..I'm go pick one up!...

Gator, Are you running fuel line or the coiled up air hose line?...
Fuel line, routed along my brake line, and then up to the gas filler neck. I'm thinking of ditching it and going with the Creeper Breather though for a cleaner look and because I've been darn close to my gas filler neck a time or two when backing down into fishing holes :p

·
FL VP
962 Posts
I hate creeper breathers and what ever anyone else sells them under. I had one fall right off going though deep water which filled my rear axle with water and caused me to have to do a complete rebuild and twice I had them just have way to much built up pressure and blow off. Just run it to the inside of your cab and call it good.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I hate creeper breathers and what ever anyone else sells them under. I had one fall right off going though deep water which filled my rear axle with water and caused me to have to do a complete rebuild and twice I had them just have way to much built up pressure and blow off. Just run it to the inside of your cab and call it good.
interesting. Good to know. there was a thread on the trailgear (or was it Pirate??) forum where people expressed the concern and it was said that there was an inch of surface between the fitting and the bellows. I believe ya though.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And did you guys extend your T-Case breather also?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts