TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
From what I have heard there are severe vibration problems that arise when you drop the front diff. Plus, you lose droop the more you crank the coilovers, and droop is where you get the control. Better to cut sheet metal and cab mounts out of the way to get the most clearance with the lowest center of gravity.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
mandzach said:
Guys- I have read so much on here about not going past 2.5" lift up front w/CO's because of the cv joints.
Well has anyone just spaced down the diff to fix this issue? If so how well did it work out for you? Pros and Cons to this approach?

Thanks
search: "diff drop"

this has been discussed to death; it is usless, don't do it.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
valkyrie said:
Fucking brilliant!!!!

I can't believe nobody ever thought of that?? :rolleyes:
I wonder if it's time to ban the 'diff drip' question, LOL

type in 'diff drop' and your screen goes blank :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hytenor said:
search: "diff drop"

this has been discussed to death; it is usless, don't do it.
All I needed to know -Thanks

oh ya, valkyrie no need for your metrosexual response -
this was only a question and thats what the forum is for ffs

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
mandzach said:
yea, and didn't Dallas win?? :p

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
mandzach said:

jesus fucking christ you are worthless piece of shit....its called a search feature....my fucking cats accidently stumble upon that feature yet you and the hundreds of other helpless noobs go and start threads about whatever wonders into your pea-sized excuse for a brain....i hope you have a stroke and get into an accident with wierdbeaner and remove both of your DNA from the gene pool

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
LavosTRD said:
jesus fucking christ you are worthless piece of shit....its called a search feature....my fucking cats accidently stumble upon that feature yet you and the hundreds of other helpless noobs go and start threads about whatever wonders into your pea-sized excuse for a brain....i hope you have a stroke and get into an accident with wierdbeaner and remove both of your DNA from the gene pool
feel better now? :p

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
mandzach said:

Hey tough guy, a thought pops in your head, you race to type it without searching, you didn't ask in the n00b folder and you get indignant and butt hurt?

You clearly don't know shit because your post was incredibly stupid, so don't get pissy.

Grow up or leave...

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Maybe the 05+ "mall wheeler" FAQ should be started and stickied permanently. Couldn't hurt.

And the answer is yes, my truck got dusty at the mall today, but I was at Ace Hardware buying a left handed ACME thread wingnut.

·
Banned
966 Posts
its not, as another poster said, "useless" if you're gonna crank the co's up. i did the diff drop from toytec, i watched how much it brought the angle of the cv's down. for me, the diff drop decreased the angle enough for me to say it does the job with my co's cranked up to about max. i did not get any crazy vibrations from doing it. i have a vibration (more of a cycling humming noise) issue, but i dont think its because the diff drop.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LavosTRD said:

LMAO

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
valkyrie said:
Fucking brilliant!!!!

I can't believe nobody ever thought of that?? :rolleyes:

valkyrie, this is your post from another thread not even 5 days ago...
It's all bullshit- the guy at the shop is recommending them because either he is repeating what he has heard (best case), or felt the need to milk you for a few more bucks of pure profit (worse case).

You can't drop a Tacoma dif by cramming a couple of washers or a spacer in the mount. At best, it should be called a diff rotation, but in reality it's just a scam to fleece n00bs out of money for essentially .10 worth of hardware that does nothing.

Leave the diff alone, and be judicious in how much you crank the coilovers. You will get it right and your CV's won't complain.
Thanks for the info :D

·
Banned
966 Posts
valkyrie said:
You didn't drop anything, you rotated it a little, thus jacking your pinion angle in the process.

I would bet you a coke that your vibration is directly related to it... even though you dont' want to think so.
i'm well aware of the rotation. i dunno why they dont call it a "diff rotation". i'm guessing "diff drop" just sounds better.

and exactly what would be causing a cycling hum (vibration) by straightening out the u-joint angles, or did you mean the the angle of the actual pinion gear ??

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
mandzach said:
valkyrie, this is your post from another thread not even 5 days ago...

Thanks for the info :D
And that was my point.

No big deal, but had you searched first, you would have found that plus pages of info... and had you posted in the newbie section you wouldn't have gotten any lip.

But, you didn't do either, and you got butt hurt. Live, learn, move on.

Once you find your way around here, and grow a little skin, you'll learn alot and you'll enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
10 Participants
Valkyrie
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing