TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to get a pretty new set of Double cab rear leaf springs. Are these rated for the same weight, or more to work with my extended cab?

·
Registered
237 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the DC's and EC's share the same frame and wheelbase. I'd be very surprised if the springs were a different part number but it is possible. I would get them and if they in fact are a little soft, get the Deaver triple add-a-leaf pack to replace the overload and you will have an awesome Deaver quality ride for under $200.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rockin, thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts
According to the 2001+ Parts List posted in the CustomTacos Tech Section, the XtraCabs and Double Cabs do not have identical rear leaf spring part numbers (in either 2WD or 4WD models).

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
CYi5 said:
I have the opportunity to get a pretty new set of Double cab rear leaf springs. Are these rated for the same weight, or more to work with my extended cab?
I suggest a rebuild! check my site for the details. Rebuild the back, and remove those 2" shackles. If not post your source for the leafs so others who want to do the rebuild can pick them up.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
SEAN_at_TLT said:
To the best of my knowledge the DC's and EC's share the same frame and wheelbase. I'd be very surprised if the springs were a different part number but it is possible. I would get them and if they in fact are a little soft, get the Deaver triple add-a-leaf pack to replace the overload and you will have an awesome Deaver quality ride for under $200.
they are the same length but different weight rating from what I've read. NWOR even has two different part #s for their HD and lift springs. I sure don't see why you couldn't put dcab springs on an Excab...might be a little beefier ;)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i was pretty sure that they were for different weights, i'm guessing the DC is heavier?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
CYi5 said:
yea i was pretty sure that they were for different weights, i'm guessing the DC is heavier?
that's my guess as well. I don't have any hard data, however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts