TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i searched i just couldnt find a comparison between the two engines - ok im trading in my 03 volkswagen gti (1.8 liter turbo, 180 hp, about 400 miles to a tank, 14 gallon tank)for a tacoma - im not sure if i should get the 4 cyl or 6 cyl - although i have been looking at a 07 4x4 v6 trd sport access cab - which is sick i might add - i put about 150 miles a day on my vehicles- long highway commute - so i figured a 4 cyl would be better on gas but by how much and is it worth losing the power and all that to save on the gas?? what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
The 4 will be geared different than the 6 to make up the difference in HP/Torq for wheeling. The 4 will get better MPG over all. The biggest difference will be your driving style. I was averaging 17 mpg b4 DP mode last wk. Still on first tank of go juice. Best MPG so far 24.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 07 4 cyl., 5 speed prerunner with 1,500 miles on it get about 22 mpg highway (75mph) in Charlotte (fairly flat), and it has just enough power to pull hills with a/c on. I would get a v6 if it was an extra cab or you had to carry/tow anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts