TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I've got an 04 Double Cab Pre Runner. Non TRD. Is there any practical differences between the Non TRD rear leaves, and the TRD springs?
I am looking at a set off of an 02 TRD Double Cab Pre Runner. Any difference in performace/flex? Length? Would they be a direct bolt in? Any gains by doing so?

I am actually just wanting his AAL, but might get the TRD springs also, as he is swapping in some new Chebbies.

Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well stock they dont tow as well as non TRD springs, but they are work really well off road. At least better than non-trd.

I dont know about the differences with a ad-a-leaf.

Edit: Apparently there is no diff between the springs, so it so non's must have higher dampening resistance.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kyota.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ochatesme said:
I wanna say that TRD springs are also progressive rate, unlike non-TRD springs.
he said rear ;)

Is there any difference in the rear leafpks between TRD and non trd? In the front, yes, progressive vs standard coils but I though the only difference in the rear was in the shocks.

anyone?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The parts list doesnt list anything for a TRD rear leaf, so they are the same. Only difference in the rear is the shocks.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
04 Rocko Taco said:
The parts list doesnt list anything for a TRD rear leaf, so they are the same. Only difference in the rear is the shocks.
thanks, that's what I thought ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing