TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im trying to take the stock breather off with a 14mm wrench and starts to strip:scared:
it strips some more and im coming to the conclusion the wrench isnt working, now im trying the vice and its even slipping a little, im about to just give up any advice would be appreciated.

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
Grab it with some vice grips and be a man about it. You might also try spraying some penetrating oil on it.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
if the vicegrips dont work try some craftsman bolt outs... they rock!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i have this problem all the time! LOL i just spray some pennitrating oil on it, let set for a while, and get my pliers.

It always works.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay i appreciate all the help, i want some damned Pb blaster thatll help

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
if its stripped, get a size smaller

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
god damn your a fuckin riot!
Dude..what's wrong with getting a smaller size?? Perhaps Muddintaco didn't explain himself well enough.....

If you use a file and grind off the stripped parts and make a couple new 'flat' areas for a smaller wrench to fit on it....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i thought id just tell everyone i just finished it last night as soon as i got the breather off it went smoothly from there on out, i routed the fuel line up to my gas cap, just thought id tell everyone, thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Bray how do you like those mtz's/// this is a jack and a pad:rolleyes:
Josh, is that you? I'm liking them pretty good. They shed mud very well and are soft enough to grip on wet and dry rocks at about 10 pounds---and I'm gonna try 8 pounds next time on a run. They howl on the highway but ride great. I think it's about time for me to rotate them. Oh, I need gears too!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Josh, is that you? I'm liking them pretty good. They shed mud very well and are soft enough to grip on wet and dry rocks at about 10 pounds---and I'm gonna try 8 pounds next time on a run. They howl on the highway but ride great. I think it's about time for me to rotate them. Oh, I need gears too!

yeah it is me... I am sad to hear your sons flag should be at half staff.. Damn humans. Good my BFG MT's suck in wet roads even sipped. I think I might go with some aggrssive AT this time around. you going to go with 4.56's?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That's why I carry a 24" long one?
Daaayuuum! 24 inches? I feel like I have to 'short-stroke' it with my 14 inches. And if I push it, she says "Whoa!". I would only suggest using your full 24" from the rear. Are we still talking about our trucks? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
yeah it is me... I am sad to hear your sons flag should be at half staff.. Damn humans. Good my BFG MT's suck in wet roads even sipped. I think I might go with some aggrssive AT this time around. you going to go with 4.56's?
Man, I'm hearing good things about Nitto Terra's. That is what I'd try to get as far as A/T's go.I've had bad luck with 2 sets of BFG A/T KO's. The treads look pretty aggresive and are very high quality on the Nitto's. As for gears, I'm torn between 4.56's & 4.88's. Good to talk to ya!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts