TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For normal driving, when would you change the diff. fluid in the front and rear. What weights do you recommend. Also, I heard once that if you have the stock locker, you should use a different weight fluid that what the book calls for,is this true?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
mobil 1 75/90 in front and rear.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
tacoma0309 said:
For normal driving, when would you change the diff. fluid in the front and rear. What weights do you recommend. Also, I heard once that if you have the stock locker, you should use a different weight fluid that what the book calls for,is this true?
I did 75W-90 in the Front and 80W-90 in the Rear as the Book recommends.

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
Shakerhood said:
I did the same. I used Mobil one Synthetic. I also added some GM limited slip additive for the lockrite.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shakerhood said:
My book says that in the rear above 0* you should use SAE 90 and below 0* you should use SAE 80W or 80W-90. What is the difference?

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
Box said:
I just used GL5 80w-90 in front, rear, and the transfer case. Is this okay? Is there a big difference? I'm by no means in sub-zero weather (LA).
Old fawkin thread.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Paul
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing