TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying my wife a new camera for christmas, looking at a Cannon S3 IS. I dont know if this one has the option or not, but what is it called when you can take pictures really fast one after another?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a S3, and if it does have that option I haven't figured out how to use it. I am pretty satisfied with it. The camera doesn't seem to cope well with low light, close quarters photos, but that could just be my inexperience as a photographer.

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice, I was impressed by the camera today. Only thing that stopped me from buying was the 6mega pixels. It was sitting next to the new 10.1 MP sony with the touchscreen for the same price

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Animal said:
it's called shutter speed... it it can take like 2.5per second.. that's pretty dam good for a point and shoot Digi...
Shutter speed is the time the shutter opens allowing light to the ccd (or in a manual camera: film)

frames per second is a more accurate description, and burst or continuous is the name of the feature.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I saw that Sony 10mp yesterday when looking for a camera for my parents. I absolutely loved it's simplicity of use. The lack of buttons for my parents to accidentally push was nice, however, my parents won't ever need 10mp, and it was out of my price range :( I wish the made it with 5-6mp...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Toyo4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing