TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you put dirt logic coil-over shocks and combine it with a fabtech 6in lift? I've seen turcks with but some said it's bad for the truck.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
those shocks and lift kit are designed pretty shitty. Buy the 5" tuff country, then combine it with hoes if u want a drop bracket lift!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why would you want to spend the money on pricey Hoes, combine it with a drop bracket and have the amazing capabilities of the Hoes negated by the drop bracket? The Hoes are meant for rough terrain and speed. The drop bracket isn't. If you are doing a drop bracket, don't spend money on Hoes b/c you don't need a coilover that good. Besides, I wouldn't want to be flying down a river bed or desert sitting 5-6" higher anyways. The 2.5" lift of most coilovers is plenty high.

#2, Donahoe doesn't even make a 5" c/o. Their 3" Tacoma setup is the most lift for the Tacoma on their product list; and even then you shouldn't run more than 2.5" because of CV wear. I suppose you could have donahoe custom make some 5" shocks, but you'd have to be freakin' crazy and have some deep pockets loaded with cash.

Halape10, what kind of wheeling do you want to do? What makes you want the fabtech lift? If it's for looks or mud bogging it's probably a good choice. Once you can determine what you want to use your truck for, then you can start narrowing down the suspension components to get :kewl:

·
Registered
89 Posts
sorry Halape10. I just saw your other post and it sounds like you already have the fabtech and are having some problems. i don't know anything about dirt logic, so can't help you there. but i'll say again that you don't need the Hoes.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If you are looking for a fix, call King shocks. They will set you up with the correct shock for that suspension application. They will valve them for the weight of the truck, but you may have to play around to get the valving just right. In Hawaii, I'm assuming that you are doing more mudding than crawling, so maybe you should do an SAS. If not, then the Kings will work well for you. PS fill in your sig so we know what year truck you have. More info is better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm jus using my Tocoma as a play thing, Yeah mudding is the perfered thing...but also chick's love lifted truck's here. but nothing better than a chick driving a lifted truck!!!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Yes you can, but there are much better coilover shocks available for the money.
Maybe true... But I've had the DL's 2.5's for some time now and have not had a issue with them and they have met my expectations and have proven to be able to handle the type of wheelin' I do... Though I did get them a coupla' bills cheaper then the 'hoes... Aside from these CO's... Fagtech the company sucks... And I will get 'hoes if and when these CO's ever die... Mostly for the better support and services offered... ;)

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where I live the cops get better things for do...like bust all the ice dealers. OK if you running 15x18 wheels then I get one problem das kinda over doing it. 15x12 or 15x14 wheels I can dig it. 35x15.50 tires it's all good to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so king shocks might be my best bet for me...must be expensive?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.