TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this and thought I'll share - http://dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Page

"Dirtopia is a free encyclopedia of off-road trails and destinations that anyone can edit. Our goal is to document every single off-road trail in the United States. We're off to a good start, but we need your help."

This is a great idea, a Wiki dedicated to trails. There is nothing in there for AZ! Let's try and help 'em out!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Kaistie said:
Do we really want every schmo that can log onto the web and who ownes an SUV knowing where all our favorite trails are? I say, if they want to know where these are, move to Az and do some exploring. Don't do it!
not to mention the eco-nazis will find it and well if you don't know....
better sell your truck!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
X2 on that- another great way to let the greenies in!

Kaistie said:
Do we really want every schmo that can log onto the web and who ownes an SUV knowing where all our favorite trails are? I say, if they want to know where these are, move to Az and do some exploring. Don't do it!

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
flyingwil said:
I just found this and thought I'll share - http://dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Page

"Dirtopia is a free encyclopedia of off-road trails and destinations that anyone can edit. Our goal is to document every single off-road trail in the United States. We're off to a good start, but we need your help."

This is a great idea, a Wiki dedicated to trails. There is nothing in there for AZ! Let's try and help 'em out!

Wil, this is a double edged sword. Yes it's a great resource for us, but it is also a great resource for eco-freaks. However, recently there has been a lot of legislation introduced that leans towards our activity only be allowed on documented trail systems too. It's a tough call, but I personally don't like the idea. I feel that the less people who know about the trails means less idiots to deal with and clean up after.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Wil, this is a double edged sword. Yes it's a great resource for us, but it is also a great resource for eco-freaks. However, recently there has been a lot of legislation introduced that leans towards our activity only be allowed on documented trail systems too. It's a tough call, but I personally don't like the idea. I feel that the less people who know about the trails means less idiots to deal with and clean up after.
jsut saw in their FAQ, reply is the trails are already on the web. from trail reports runs etc.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
TBob said:
Hey Grump could u write that again but this time in english?

it is english you ass hat!!!! just one misspell and missing punction!!!! how the hell did you ever graduate from high school?????

jsut saw in their FAQ, reply is the trails are already on the web. from trail reports runs etc orig

for T-Baggins sake:
just saw in their (dirtopia's website) FAQ, reply is (to question about why OK to post trails)- the trails are already on the web. from trail reports ( on all our off road forums boards).

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I'm readin it but still don't get it.... what does "reply is the trails are already on the web" mean? I'm thinking they only want trails listed that are allready known? - is this right. Guess my lack of grumphonixics is getting in the way of my High School education. Oh and F-off you old ass hat! I've got your baggin bitch!

grumpy said:
it is english you ass hat!!!! just one misspell and missing punction!!!! how the hell did you ever graduate from high school?????

jsut saw in their FAQ, reply is the trails are already on the web. from trail reports runs etc orig

for T-Baggins sake:
just saw in their (dirtopia's website) FAQ, reply is (to question about why OK to post trails)- the trails are already on the web. from trail reports ( on all our off road forums boards).

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
TBob said:
I'm readin it but still don't get it.... what does "reply is the trails are already on the web" mean? I'm thinking they only want trails listed that are allready known? - is this right. Guess my lack of grumphonixics is getting in the way of my High School education. Oh and F-off you old ass hat! I've got your baggin bitch!
the trails whether or not we add them to this website (dirtopia) will not make a difference because the trails are already on the internet because of posting in other sites, forums, board etc.

its not a lack of grumphonixics, its the fact that unless every fucking word is in the sentence you will not be able to understand the point that is being made!!!!
you aparently do not know how to read readers digest versions of things. if you would like I can look up the word that describes that for you!!!!! I hope you consider your self lucky, in that Intel hasn't realized you lack basic intellingence!!!!!!

oh, you going to the gap run???

I might be older then you but at least I have some common sense!!!!!! :lmao:
and you ain't that far behind!!!! and once again-you prove the point that you can not read and comprehend a sentence. its not baggin its Baggins!!! you tard. I hope one day you do pull it out!!! guess you'll be asking what I mean
by that statement also!!!!!!!! :bitchslap :jack: :flipoff4: :buttkick: :wiggle: :flipoff3: :flipoff1:

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Hey Fucktart bag this :flipoff3:

grumpy said:
the trails whether or not we add them to this website (dirtopia) will not make a difference because the trails are already on the internet because of posting in other sites, forums, board etc.

its not a lack of grumphonixics, its the fact that unless every fucking word is in the sentence you will not be able to understand the point that is being made!!!!
you aparently do not know how to read readers digest versions of things. if you would like I can look up the word that describes that for you!!!!! I hope you consider your self lucky, in that Intel hasn't realized you lack basic intellingence!!!!!!

oh, you going to the gap run???

I might be older then you but at least I have some common sense!!!!!! :lmao:
and you ain't that far behind!!!! and once again-you prove the point that you can not read and comprehend a sentence. its not baggin its Baggins!!! you tard. I hope one day you do pull it out!!! guess you'll be asking what I mean
by that statement also!!!!!!!! :bitchslap :jack: :flipoff4: :buttkick: :wiggle: :flipoff3: :flipoff1:

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
grumpy said:
jsut saw in their FAQ, reply is the trails are already on the web. from trail reports runs etc.

Maybe so, but I don't think additional resources are necessary. There are a ton of books people can buy, a ton of web sites already in existance, and people willing to wheel with if you simply ask. I know of several groups who simply quit posting trail locations because they saw an increase of ass hats on them doing ass hat things. I don't like the idea of making it any easier for the increase of traffic when I'm trying to get away from it. To me, it's kind of like a right of passage. The longer you're invlolved, the more trails you get to know and run. IMO, trails should be handed down like precious nuggets of knowledge you glean off old timers when hanging around them in a shop. Things that are obtained too easily are rarely appreciated or respected.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
well said Mike!!! Oh and I don't think grump is argueing that point.

Heatstroke said:
Maybe so, but I don't think additional resources are necessary. There are a ton of books people can buy, a ton of web sites already in existance, and people willing to wheel with if you simply ask. I know of several groups who simply quit posting trail locations because they saw an increase of ass hats on them doing ass hat things. I don't like the idea of making it any easier for the increase of traffic when I'm trying to get away from it. To me, it's kind of like a right of passage. The longer you're invlolved, the more trails you get to know and run. IMO, trails should be handed down like precious nuggets of knowledge you glean off old timers when hanging around them in a shop. Things that are obtained too easily are rarely appreciated or respected.

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Nail meets head!!!...........the less trails these asshats that go out and litter with trash, shoot at appliances and just generally tear up know about the better! It makes me sick to see some of the crap these idiot's do to our trails...............here's a link that shows exactly what I mean...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531056

"The most pathetic display was seen on Thanksgiving afternoon as I drove in the road towards camp. Off to the side of the road I saw a guy put his water bottle down and approximately 20 feet away from himself which he then proceeded to try to plug it full of holes. Thank god water bottles aren't known to attack or this guy would have met a quick end."

..........This just pisses me off...........this guy should be drug around behind my truck by his manhood!!!

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
I saw that post on Pirate. How about the dude taking his morning wiz and a bullet going just over his head? I would have beat somebody down for being soooo stupid. I just hope it's recognized appropriately and the shooters are the ones who get dealt with and not us. They need to close that area off to shooters, it's a serious safety hazzard not to forget about the excessive trash and garbage they leave everywhere.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
?? that link is to a good looking wheeling trip?

FAUX X 4 said:
Nail meets head!!!...........the less trails these asshats that go out and litter with trash, shoot at appliances and just generally tear up know about the better! It makes me sick to see some of the crap these idiot's do to our trails...............here's a link that shows exactly what I mean...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531056

"The most pathetic display was seen on Thanksgiving afternoon as I drove in the road towards camp. Off to the side of the road I saw a guy put his water bottle down and approximately 20 feet away from himself which he then proceeded to try to plug it full of holes. Thank god water bottles aren't known to attack or this guy would have met a quick end."

..........This just pisses me off...........this guy should be drug around behind my truck by his manhood!!!

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Last time I was out at Table Mesa I was appaled to see so much trash....Raw Deal looked like a river of garbage and a cluster of gang banger looking fuck-tards were shooting a semi automatic right off the side of the main road! :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts