TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I figured it's time to start one of these, as I am actually starting to build it up a little bit. I got this the summer of '11, after selling my heep grand Cherokee. Needed something reliable and more stock than my last 4x4. I had always loved toyota's and was jealous of my buddies 4runner. Alright:
Specs: saved from PA, 02 extended cab sr5 , 2.7L, 5 speed, 4x4, ADD hubs, stock 4.30 gears and 265/70 tires

Here's a current picture :

Mods to date are :
4xinnovations sliders w/ kickout
265/75/16 treadwright mt/r on GY mt/r casings D-rated
Bilstien 5100s all around, on middle setting
Pinch weld mod beat to hell

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bought the truck on eBay from a dealer up in Philadelphia, PA. Flew up with my dad and drove the 800~ miles home. I learned to drive on the road home (5spd) , I think we stopped at a church parking lot somewhere in VA along the road.

Did a lot of wheeling stock, at Little mountain

Clearance was quickly an issue. See where the rear diff dragged

Also went to amicalola, old Bucktown, Dawson forest area

Local trails a mile from the house

I had a delivery job at the time so I got a lot of seat time in my truck driving that summer ( about 750 miles a week). I think my first purchase was a set of wet okole Trd seat covers, which I love. Second buy was a set of sliders about a month later, which we welded up at home in our shop. It was a good experience and coated them in rustolem bed-armor, which looks great and has held up to quite a few tree rubs on tight trails.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did some maintainence, full mobil one synthetic oil change and replaced gear oil in transmission, cleaned and oiled the k&n drop in filter (came with the truck), new spark plugs and coil, new master and slave cylinder.
Also installed a ARB bumper, winch is soon to come.
it's going to take a little work to line up perfect, the drivers side tow hook will not bolt in. I did not notice a drop in ride level, looks about the same as it did before with billies set at 1.25" and stock coils. I did notice a bit more roll in the front end in turns and a bit bouncier suspension.

I made the drive down for Durhamtown off-road park's Save The Park ride 2/25. A lot of built rigs there, I traveled down and met up with some Tacomas off here. A lot of buggies from pirate and jeeps attended.

Here's a link to all of my pictures for the weekend
http://photobucket.com/albums/sbonnoiv/durhamtown%20save%20the%20park%202012/?sa=true

I quickly realized I needed more clearance, a locker, and real skid plates. It looks like I'm order a bud built front skid this week, I want to make it up to Tracy City, TN this weekend for a SFWDA meeting and a trail run with Damn Locals 4x4 club.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got this

on finally, about two months ago. sprayed black .
After two tedious tries, stopped the front diff. from leaking

Nasty old seal with 143xxx on it. Replaced with new seals and replaced the gear oil as well.
random shots from a while ago:

Need to get a rear recovery point pronto, and decide on my locker situation. Also thinking about 881 coils up front and a AAL in the rear, then ill be able to stuff some real tires when time comes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts