TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have an 03 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with TRD off road, we are going on vacation and my truck is staying here :/ anyways.....i read somewhere about pulling one of the fuses under the hood that goes to the fuel pump so if removed the engine wont start. i forgot which one that is so if you could help me that would be great, also do you guys no any other ways of protecting it? i did the free alarm mod......if someone wants something in it bad enough their going to get it i just don't want it to get stolen so any ideas will help thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Drain the oil out of it and chisel a hole in the block.

If all else fails...they wont get far :)

If your that worried about it you can unsnap all the plugs on the coils so no fire reaches the plugs...or remove the battery....or hell...just pull every fuse out of it!

I wouldn't be too concerned...if they have time to figure out the EFI fuse is removed then they'll get your house along with the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drain the oil out of it and chisel a hole in the block.

If all else fails...they wont get far :)

If your that worried about it you can unsnap all the plugs on the coils so no fire reaches the plugs...or remove the battery....or hell...just pull every fuse out of it!

I wouldn't be too concerned...if they have time to figure out the EFI fuse is removed then they'll get your house along with the truck.
i'll just remove the EFI fuse and remember to lock the truck and ask my neighbor to keep an eye on it :). Im not worried about it being broken into, i just dont want my baby to get stolen :) anything on the interior i could do? i dont have a steering wheel or pedal lock....

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Not thats gonna make sense...I suppose you could remove the gearshift lever or whatever you please...

Just hide visable things that might pursuade someone to break out yer window and steal yer junk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok someone recommended i leave everything open like the center console and everything open but i think that would look weird? so? yea?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts