TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Disneyland (LA) and my friend and I were talking. Anyone know of any websites where people talk about trying to hide out in the park and stay the night? We both were on the phone talking about it searching on Google and found zip. Thought it may be fun to try to hide out, I'm sure if you got caught they would either toss you out with a stern warning in the least, would probably end up in jail for the night. I figure someone must have tried, I would think with all the people that go there it happens all the time!

yes.... we are both seriously bored at the time.

·
Registered
471 Posts
there are things there called cameras! and they are all over the place!!!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
Just got back from Disneyland (LA) and my friend and I were talking. Anyone know of any websites where people talk about trying to hide out in the park and stay the night? We both were on the phone talking about it searching on Google and found zip. Thought it may be fun to try to hide out, I'm sure if you got caught they would either toss you out with a stern warning in the least, would probably end up in jail for the night. I figure someone must have tried, I would think with all the people that go there it happens all the time!

yes.... we are both seriously bored at the time.
We could sneak in our dive gear, and scuba in the cestpool that contains the 'submarine ride'....i bet at 20' we could have enough oxygen to last 2-3 hours, and then surface and camp out...Ill head up to the top of the Matterhorn, and camp with the abominable snowman till morning....he and I both have anger issues.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Angry Andy said:
We could sneak in our dive gear, and scuba in the cestpool that contains the 'submarine ride'....i bet at 20' we could have enough oxygen to last 2-3 hours, and then surface and camp out...Ill head up to the top of the Matterhorn, and camp with the abominable snowman till morning....he and I both have anger issues.
The submarine ride is gone... sorry angry. Has been for a few years. They are currently replacing it with a finding nemo ride that will open next year.

We could scuba the lagoon around tom sawyers island, although I have been told that there are tracks and such under the water and it looks like a train yard when the waters gone! Lots of stuff to get tangled in.

There are cameras and such everywhere, way more that you would think. Go through any of the dark rides such as pirates, space mt. or haunted house with your camcorder in night vision mode and you will be suprised!

The thing that is so strange is that with the internet being such as it is today, you would think there would be many sites with people talking about how they tried to sneak around after closing... I could not find a single one!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I'm with you. I think it would be totally do-able, and a blast to try.

BUT - I would think if you got busted (and you probably would) Disney would probably press charges for tresspassing and prosecute as far as the kaw would allow.

Along with the cameras, I would be concerned about roving security personnel. I don't know what you would want to do at Disneyland during the night, but it would be enough for me to play Cat & Mouse with security all night. If I still lived in San Diego, I might give it a go with you.

I was Splinter Cell for Halloween, you know:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I think you would get busted pretty fast. There are cameras all over that place and tons of people walking around at night doing crap, but lol i think you should give it a try and tell us all how it goes.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
theres paranas in the lagoon surrounding tom sawyer island... although there arent enough to do too much hard to a human in there. theyre un there to eat the algie that grows along the brim of the lake. I've also played basketball in the court inside of the matterhorn. my sister is high up in disneyland.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
brock said:
theres paranas in the lagoon surrounding tom sawyer island... although there arent enough to do too much hard to a human in there. theyre un there to eat the algie that grows along the brim of the lake. I've also played basketball in the court inside of the matterhorn. my sister is high up in disneyland.
Not too worried about that, since as I recall piranhas are vegetarians. They could not have anything in the water that would hurt someone if they fell in, and with the canoes and such people go in on a semi regular basis.

So if your sisters high up, find out how often this happens (people staying the night) and such!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not too worried about that, since as I recall piranhas are vegetarians.

LOL, you must have been drunk when you typed this.

Anyway, you should try something smaller first, like a mall. This would certainly be a unique hobby, like BASE jumping or something.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
stu said:
LOL, you must have been drunk when you typed this.

Anyway, you should try something smaller first, like a mall. This would certainly be a unique hobby, like BASE jumping or something.
According to Google, there are over 500 species of pirhanna, most of which are vegetarian. That's news to me too. ....Steve

·
Registered
358 Posts
SAR_Squid79 said:
I'm with you. I think it would be totally do-able, and a blast to try.

BUT - I would think if you got busted (and you probably would) Disney would probably press charges for tresspassing and prosecute as far as the kaw would allow.

Along with the cameras, I would be concerned about roving security personnel. I don't know what you would want to do at Disneyland during the night, but it would be enough for me to play Cat & Mouse with security all night. If I still lived in San Diego, I might give it a go with you.

I was Splinter Cell for Halloween, you know:

Nice SOG in the pic. I have one a lot like it.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I've been contemplating doing this as well. Tom Sawyer Island is a no-go too many cameras and not enough places to hide. If you were to do it, I'd hide in the French Quarter somewhere or the moat surrounding Tom Sawyer Island (scuba). OR if you're really ballsy, you could hop on the train and jump off towards when the park is closing (less people) in Frontier Land or something...

If you guys are ever going to do it, shoot me a PM I'm down :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Rookies! Since the chances of being able to move around freely are slim to none due to the cameras and security, your best bet would be to hide in plain sight!

Next time around pull surveilance. Take pics of various uniforms especially those coming in as the park is closing. Don't forget some good shots of visible ID tags. Fab up a descent facsimile of the ID if needed. Don the disguise under some throw away clothes then enter the park. Ditch your outer clothes in the mens room and then have some fun (no don't take your backpack rookie! Every seen someone sweeping the street wearing a backpack?). If you play it right you could easily enter some of the restricted areas, by coat tailing some one with clearance.

Oh and as always if you are caught, have a good cover story! "It's research for a college research paper on the use of illegal immigrants by major corporations" as an example. It puts them on the defensive while seeming innocous.

Oh and this is all theoretical! I hold no responsibility for any legal fees or injuries incurred while attemping this.

This message will self destruct.....someday.....just keep watchng....any second now....

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DennisDawg said:
People do get in it seems:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5335400.stm

Not sure they'd babble about it on the Internet first so I think it'll be hard to find a forum with details.
Getting in is easy... its staying the night we are talking about. If you could find any website where a person talks about how they tried and either made it or failed I would be interested to see it. With so many people that visit the park, and not one has ever talked about it on the internet??? What are the odds?

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tweeter said:
I've been contemplating doing this as well. Tom Sawyer Island is a no-go too many cameras and not enough places to hide. If you were to do it, I'd hide in the French Quarter somewhere or the moat surrounding Tom Sawyer Island (scuba). OR if you're really ballsy, you could hop on the train and jump off towards when the park is closing (less people) in Frontier Land or something...

If you guys are ever going to do it, shoot me a PM I'm down :)
Tom Sawyer island is quite large, what about in an off-limits area beyond where you would normally be?

To move around and see things at night would be very hard, but lets talk about crawling before you walk.... just lay low and make it overnight first.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Tom Sawyer island is quite large, what about in an off-limits area beyond where you would normally be?

To move around and see things at night would be very hard, but lets talk about crawling before you walk.... just lay low and make it overnight first.
what hasn't been discussed is the fact that all the park maintenance is done while it is closed...at night...all the lights are on...lots and lots of people there ;)

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hytenor said:
what hasn't been discussed is the fact that all the park maintenance is done while it is closed...at night...all the lights are on...lots and lots of people there ;)
So what you are saying is that you are going to come with us and make sure we dont screw it up? :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts