TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 2.7 and i replaced the dist cap a few days ago and i can feel a slight miss about 2k cruising through town. has anyone had any similer issues with aftermarket dist caps? by the way i did a tune up with ngk wires and plugs.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Try engine tech buddy, you may get more hits there, it is the correct section...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks, if a mod could move this i would appreciate it.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Just a little words of advise, if there is a section that your question fits into other than 4x4 Tech, use that section.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was thinking this as a general question and usually think of the engine tech as a performance section. sorry for the misunderstanding.

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
I moved it for ya. Now back to the issue at hand.

I've never used an aftermarket distributor cap, mostly because I've never had any issues with the stock stuff. The only time I had misfire issues was when my plug wires were bad. So check to make sure the plug wires are good then buy some Toyota parts if your still having an issue.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have new ngk's, which i would have to assume are good but the cap and button are advanced auto brand. i might have to just replace it with oem, i knew i should. i just have a hard time beleiving that it would cause a mis.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've been using Borg Warner for years and I think Autolite wires. Various plugs and ever since I can remember there's been this kind of miss...very faint but I can notice it. Happens maybe every 5-10 sec or so at idle. I don't notice it at other rpm's though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Goldentaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing