TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm not asking the age old question "which is exhaust is better". I've already read the 276 posts on exhaust systems, mufflers, routing, piping etc....

Ok, so here is why I am here: I've decided to just take a stab at the exhaust as a DIY project. It shouldn't be too hard. But, I had some questions I was hoping I could get some input on.

Stock piping diameter - I know it is 2¼", but is that ID or OD?

Muffler - I've chosen the Magnaflow Performance Satin Stainless Steel Muffler. The specs on it are 4'' x 9'' Oval Muffler - In/Out: 2-1/4" - Body Length: 14''. Does the In/Out Specs mean the muffler will slide over my stock 2¼" piping?

Additional Piping - I measured the stock muffler. It is approximately 19" long by 9" wide with offset in / offset out. What I figured is, with the offset in/out on the Magnaflow above being the same as the stock muffler, all I'd need is about a 5" - 7" piece of extension on either end to get the muffler to mate up the existing stock piping once I cut the stock unit off.

Throw in some good clamps, and a strap hanger and I should be able to basically cut the stock unit off and replace it pretty easy with the Magnaflow.

Again, my questions are about the piping diameter being inner or outer and the way that would mate up to the Magnaflow with 2¼" inlets and outlets.

Any other comments or tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
324 Posts
mine was a 4cyl and a 96 but 2 1/4 was too big but after i replaced everything its 2 1/4, and that was with replacement exhaust parts. the muffler should be flared out to go over 2 1/4 od.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I just made my order today! Here is what I found:

This Magnaflow # 11265 looks like it will be as close to a direct bolt on (after chopping off the stock monster) as it gets! Like I said in the first post, the stock muffler is 19" long.

With the 24" total length, I should be able to just cut off the inlet and the outlet to the stock muffler and clamp this thing right in! :D

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
So I just made my order today! Here is what I found:

This Magnaflow # 11265 looks like it will be as close to a direct bolt on (after chopping off the stock monster) as it gets! Like I said in the first post, the stock muffler is 19" long.

With the 24" total length, I should be able to just cut off the inlet and the outlet to the stock muffler and clamp this thing right in! :D
how much did it run ya?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Straight off of my invoice:

• MPE-11265 (Muffler) $73.95
  • SUM-630550 (Exhaust Hanger) $7.95
  • SUM-G4622 (Clamps) $2.88 x 3 = $8.64
  • Total After Handling & Free Shipping $101.49

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Straight off of my invoice:

• MPE-11265 (Muffler) $73.95
  • SUM-630550 (Exhaust Hanger) $7.95
  • SUM-G4622 (Clamps) $2.88 x 3 = $8.64
  • Total After Handling & Free Shipping $101.49
not a bad deal.. i may have to get me one of those and weld it up real quick :welder:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts