TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing a speedo cable for my 88 4Runner and was hoping one of the local dealerships showed us some love!?

I know Jeep and Ford guys have dealership discounts because of their club affiliations. Do we?

Thanks,

Jim

·
20,355 Posts
In short, no. You can PM the fatkid though as he can get us parts at a lower cost some times.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did some research and Stevinson gives a discount if you mention Rising Sun Club. It worked for me. I dealt with Dan over there and he was first class. He even dug through his archives and found/copied my 1988 4Runner EWD to help with the 3.4 swap.

Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In short, no. You can PM the fatkid though as he can get us parts at a lower cost some times.
I thought about that but was afraid it might be asking too much of him. Brian invited me over to check his 3.4 swaps and seems to be a nice guy. I just felt weird asking for a "homie hook up" from someone I had JUST met. Call me old-fashioned, or just plain "old."

Jim

·
Registered
878 Posts
CoTTORA's discount is still honored at Burt Toyota you can say I'm with the 4x4 club and usally have some sort of discount applied most of the parts guys are generous to help you there... (they are the regional parts hub BTW, so your parts ordered thru other shops likely come from there anyway)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jerry at Boulder Toyota will also sell parts at prices at or better than Stevinson or Burt. Buy local if you can and support the guys around here before jumping over to ToD.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yeah, but if you go to Burt say you are Rising Sun. Cottora is 10%back Rising Sun is more like 20%
even if you say Cottora most of the parts guys at Burt give you 20% anyway ... because they are good like that!

For TRD parts Mountains States has the local primary concession on them (Boulder and Mountain States had the lowest installed TRD accessory prices in the country until Larry Miller sold Mountain States) and usually has the same prices as TOD with out any shipping cost ... every one of the dealers mentioned in this thread has given time or sponsorship to Cottora at some point so please support them if you can!

TOD does get wholesale volume discounts and closeout items that they are able to beat everyone in the countries prices on!! ... and they are a long time Shannon/TTORA sponsor! wink wink!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the suggestions. Perhaps some of this knowledge could be sticky'd for us newbys?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, but if you go to Burt say you are Rising Sun. Cottora is 10%back Rising Sun is more like 20%
Hey Brian, thanks again for letting me put my eyes under your hood. I really appreaciate it. Sorta helps build the confidence too to see it already done. I sent you a pm about ignitor compatibility. I'm hoping the 96 T100 I just picked up works with the 95.5 T100 ECU and wiring. Part numbers appeared to compliment each other but you're the expert.

Let me know if you didn't get my pm, for some reason not all of them are going through. (or I'm being annoying and getting ignored... hey it happens :p )

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I usually just go into the toyota dealership wearing my old honda uniform and get parts at cost. kinda nice since I used almost all OE parts to completely rebuild my 3.4 :) bearings were still expensive though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts