TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm lifting the rear of my tacoma 1.5" - 2". I was wondering at that height, will I need a BPV extension bracket? How about a longer brake line? Also, could I get away with using my stock Bilsteins until I can purchase longer shocks or will they not work at all? THanks guys.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
With any lift you will need to extend the BPV with any lift. Measure before and after to determine lift. Then make a bracket however much lift you gained...

You will need longer shocks.

For the brake line I coulda used a longer one. What I did is bend the mount so the brake line points straight up, not at a almost 45 degree angle to the pass side. Then take the e-brake bracket and flip it (e-brake line below the bolt, instead of above)

To flip the brake line, support the gas tank, then remove the rear hanger for the gas tank. Take the bolt for the clamp, remove it, rotate it 180 degrees to the outside of the gas tank strap, retorque. Put back in the bolt for the gas tank strap and you are done.

If you do not do this the e-brake line will rub on the brake line rubber. By doing this, the e-brake line rubs (barely) on the metal part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts