TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed a new set of 4 shocks (Billy HDs) and Revo tires (one size bigger than stock) on my otherwise stock 02 taco 4x4. The truck doesn't pull left or right, but is not feeling like it holds center really good... kind feels very very slightly soft in the center. I am wondering if this is just due to the wider/bigger tires, or if I need to get an alignment done. The truck has 38K miles on it. I just hate to get something I don't need if I don't.... Of course no biggey if I do need it. Thanks for your advise.

Tim

02 Taco
03 330i ZHP
04 KLR 650
85 Kaw Turbo

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
The bigger tires will have a different feel, you will feel more of the road grooves and imperfections due to the wider footprint. Nothing you did affected your alignment, although after wider tires many guys like to fudge a little extra toe in to tighten it up a little & eliminate the drift you're feeling. If you are unwilling to do that, try adjusting your air pressure up a little at a time, and stagger it front to rear... maybe 2-3 lbs more in the front. Tweaking the pressure up may be all you need, and may improve your economy a little as well. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
like stated, the tires wouldnt affect aignment. the alignment is only affected when you alter the suspension or knock it out of alignment off road or something...but i noticed a difference in the feel when i went from stock 31's to 32x11.50's also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
YoTRacer158
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing