TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered up DR coilovers with Camburg UCA and Deaver 10 leaf (J66) for my 07' Double Cab Prerunner. I have seen several posts on here talking about full droop issues. I did a search (without results) and am not sure if I need to be concerned about adding limit straps during the install.
Also, it seems to me that most people have 285/75/16's with this suspension set up, do I even need to worry about rubbing at full compression?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know that this set up is not designed to launch without regard but my intent is to be able to run baja at reasonable speeds and have the protection for the OH S*#T factor.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Well I know that this set up is not designed to launch without regard but my intent is to be able to run baja at reasonable speeds and have the protection for the OH S*#T factor.
There are many opinions regarding limit straps. But I think the smart answer is yes, if you plan on running Baja, No if you occasionally wheel. I run them on the back of my truck. I have torn up high quality shocks in the past by not running them. The choice is yours. I think another good choicefor your truck would be a set of Jounce shocks (bumps). Trust me, you will bottom out the hoes at Baja.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it just comes down to, better safe than sorry.
Thanks a lot MG, i've never seen those Jounce shocks before. Having trouble finding the price and where to purchase when the time comes. Did a search on the Jounce website and none of the dealer links have them on their website. I'm sure I'll find them eventually. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I guess it just comes down to, better safe than sorry.
Thanks a lot MG, i've never seen those Jounce shocks before. Having trouble finding the price and where to purchase when the time comes. Did a search on the Jounce website and none of the dealer links have them on their website. I'm sure I'll find them eventually. Thanks again!
Check out this site. http://www.lightracing.com/lightracingJounceIntro.htmls

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
You don't need limit straps unless you plan on running extended Donahoes w/out an aftermarket UCA. The tires will probably rub a little bit so I'd do the pinch weld mod if I were you. You just need a big hammer and 30 minutes of free time. It's in the Cheap Tricks folder, have fun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet. Thanks for the help Gents!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You don't need limit straps unless you plan on running extended Donahoes w/out an aftermarket UCA. The tires will probably rub a little bit so I'd do the pinch weld mod if I were you. You just need a big hammer and 30 minutes of free time. It's in the Cheap Tricks folder, have fun.
He's got an 07...no pinch weld mod needed. Front body mount mod is more like it. And yes, it is much less abuse on the components to have limit straps if he wants to run baja at any faster than a quick crawl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.