TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i really need to get new longer rear shocks??? i just got a toytec 3" lift in front and the fabtech AAL in the rear. i have a 2002 prerunner and it came with Bil's in front and back. do i absolutely need the new rear shocks now?? i heard stuff about travel etc.. but im just doing mild offroading with the TTORA crew and new shocks get a little pricey for the nice ones. please help me out if anyone can. can i still use the stock ones after i put the AAL in and then maybe someday buy some new ones, because i really like the bils i have in there now and their only 40k miles old.
thanks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
yes you can still use it..but ur truck will be extra stiff...AAL with some 5100s 5125 5150 etc. will still be a stiff ride...but with a stock rear shock...it will be really really stiff..

·
Registered
787 Posts
Your shocks will now be the limiting factor in your suspension. I wouldn't run it for to long. I would imagine that they will break soon and then be usless as shocks. I would start saving for some new ones or look in the for sale section.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
bilstein 5100's are only about $150 a pair and they're good shocks

·
Registered
223 Posts
You need to get new shocks. I had to put about 400 pounds in the bed to squat the truck enough to hook the stock shocks back up because I didn't get new ones yet. Just wait till you get shocks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the help guys. ill wait til i get the shocks to put the lift on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts