TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the OME rear spring pack moves the rear axle forward by an inch. I remember hearing something to that effect on the old board. If so is it acceptable to drill a new hole in the spring perch one inch forward of the factory center pin hole.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Yes and no.

THe axle moves forward but not by all that much (Not noticeable ntil full compression). There are shims you can get to center it.. or have RB at 4crawler offroad make you a set. You will have hell drilling through leavf springs if you try:rolleyes: And they could crack between the now two center n holes if you managed to drill through all those leafs.

I have though about using a centering shim but in the past couple of years it has not caused me many problems. Here is a side shot. right after install.

Wasn't it a cute truck then??

The arc of the axle on compression takes it toward the back fender. If it was centered at rest they would rub the back of the fender on compression.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it sounds like put the springs on and see what it looks like. Also, I don't think I would attempt to drill through the leaf pack :eek: , just the spring perch to change the postion. Unfortunately I can't see you pictures. Thanks for the info.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Sorry about the pics..try refreshing. I think imagestation has started using propriatory cookies or something :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts