TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading and asking questions for months about coilovers etc. to support my ARB bumper. I finally am ready to order them, but noticed that earlier posts stated that the SAW coilovers had issues with rubbing the swaybar. I know I can remove it, but I really would like to keep in in place. Is this still an issue with SAW or has it been fixed?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did some more searching and it seems that I will need either a new swaybar or the DR spacers to prevent contact issues. I guess I answered my question.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i have the 2.5s and they are miles away from my sway bar, but it might be coz i have a tundra

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, the tacoma is a whole different setup.

·
Registered
145 Posts
sway bar spacers come free with sway-aways

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the spacer come with the 2.0 version? From the posts I read they do not; however, these posts are at least 1 year old. Evidently SAW didn't think the 2.0 would rub due to the smaller diameter, but for many it did.

·
Registered
145 Posts
came with both 2.0 and 2.5, if you bought your coilovers from wheelers they will send you the spacers free.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. Do these spacers work like the Donahoe spacers (moving the sway bar forward 1/2")?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After some further searching it appears that the rubbing issue is not a problem with the 2.0 unless lifting more than 2.5 inches. If anyone has any other opionions I am all ears.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the Camburg/swayaway 2.5's and i am set at 2 1/4 inches of lift and they do not even come close to the swaybar

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I forgot to mention that I have a 2006 TRD Double Cab 4x4. I think the 05+ models are the ones with this issue.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yes they are just like the donahoe spacers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, for the info. I E-mailed Wheeler's with a few questions and I may go ahead and order those tomorrow.

Traction, do you have any pics of the SAWs and spacers installed?

·
Registered
97 Posts
After some further searching it appears that the rubbing issue is not a problem with the 2.0 unless lifting more than 2.5 inches. If anyone has any other opionions I am all ears.
I bought the 2.5`s for my 2005 Tacoma and they came with a new Sway Bar because they would not clear the stock sway bar.
David

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got the SAW 2.0s in today. They did come with the swaybar spacer. I am going to install later this week.

Is it necessary to do the banjo bolt modification with the 2.0 shocks????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts