TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I went back to 5-mile pass today to do some mountain biking ( I was visting my sister down there was my main reason I went). Any how I came across some skid marks (you could red paint where something was dragged) and a bunch of car pieces. After snapping a few photo's and putting all the pieces into a pill. I started looklng for what made the marks. Come to find out it had look like some one had flip a car (dodge dyntasy, found the owners manual) and had dragged it a couple of hundred feet to it's final resting place. I wonder what happened and how that car is going to be gettin rid of. Okay, enough talking here are the pictures:

I wonder what made those marks:

Parts I piled up:

The car. I wonder how it got like that?

In an area that gets a lot of use I'm a little sad to see this. Oh, well that's my rant.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
probably stolen

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you report the car to the police?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
So where are the pix showing how you flipped it back over and dragged it out? :D
That bike ought to have a low enough 1st gear!

The local ORV park gets on average more than 1 car a month left in similar condition... like was mentioned...either stolen or joy-ride activity... and the bummer is it's usually local's doing this kind of thing... It's actually too bad the car was left upside down, because now all the fluids will drain onto the land... :(

Best cure is to get it out of there soon, so others don't get the bright idea of a new way to have fun.... always let the local ranger/enforcement know it's there so they can get it taken care of.

-Mark

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RedRunnertc said:
So where are the pix showing how you flipped it back over and dragged it out? :D
Um, I don't want to be solely responible for flipping it back over and taking a risk that all of the fluids will come out. It would've made a good picture though :) . I tried to contact the BLM but no answer. I ended up sending an email over to the presidnecy of the utah 4-wheel drive assoication. With the hope that they will know who to contact.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
im surprised it wasnt set on fire.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
thenexus said:
Um, I don't want to be solely responible for flipping it back over and taking a risk that all of the fluids will come out. It would've made a good picture though :) . I tried to contact the BLM but no answer. I ended up sending an email over to the presidnecy of the utah 4-wheel drive assoication. With the hope that they will know who to contact.

Thanks for taking initiative and doing what you are already doing!!!

I'm thinking Troy was giving you the business because your vehicle of choice for the day has two wheels :D ...and making funny (like I did) of the vision of a bicycle strapped to a car, trying to flip it back over...

Keep on, keeping on!

-Mark

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SAMI said:
any GPS coordinates? i'm going to be ou there all weekend hopefully this next weekend..

-Jason
Here is a little map that I map of where it's at:

Ya, it would've been funny to see me put a strap on my bike and try to pull it back over.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very likely the car was stolen. Call the Toolee Police and tell them the location and they will probably get one of their trucks out there to look at it. I don't have a winch, and by the looks of it it might need a trailer to get it out of there...

We could try to get it out of there this next weekend though.

<rant>
This stuff pisses me off... last year (or was it the year before...) we came upon a car that had just been set on fire. This Winter I came across a Jetta waaay back in, all torn apart. And last month or so there was a car set fire with 2 people in it, god damn gang idiots. I don't think it'll be long before they start trying to close the area down because of this kind of this crap.
</rant>

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
All things like this does is give the damn liberals/conservatives firepower to close down more wheeling areas for those of use who give a sh*t about how we tread lightly.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Forgot I had these on my camera. The only tags I could see on the car:

i don't know what's up with the label maker stickers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts