TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm offroad or even on dirt roads I get this little bit of play in my wheel, it almost feels like somethings loose, but i jacked my truck up and checked my tierod ends, and replaced my rack bushings with energy suspension bushings, and my ball joints all seem good. Is this a common thing for tacoma's or is there a thing that often fails that may cause this. my truck only has 20,000 miles on it and it's done it since I've had it with 17,000. please help, it so annoying.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Common? Yes it is..The loose feel you get is in the slip joint of the steering shaft, it's been covered here several time. Try a search using "steering shaft". Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Not necessarily, I've heard even new ones have that slack, some worse than others. Mine has had it for the last 6 years and hasn't worsened.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so its not a bad thing, its just slack that suppost to be there, you just feel it when your hitting bumps and rocks offroad?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
ok, so its not a bad thing, its just slack that suppost to be there, you just feel it when your hitting bumps and rocks offroad?
Correct!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k, thanks thats really been bothing me lately, i guess ill just have to deal with it, i just didnt want something to break on me, when im on the trail, appreciate your help, and i want to thank you for some tips you gave me a while ago on what pressure to run on my trxus, it helped sooo much, now i just have to get a good set of springs so i can loose the crazy axlewrap and wheelhop

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
k, thanks thats really been bothing me lately, i guess ill just have to deal with it, i just didnt want something to break on me, when im on the trail, appreciate your help, and i want to thank you for some tips you gave me a while ago on what pressure to run on my trxus, it helped sooo much, now i just have to get a good set of springs so i can loose the crazy axlewrap and wheelhop
No problem, been there done that. Back in the day I had a 1" block on the stock springs and had bad axle wrap.I Currently have Deaver 8-leafs and have never had as much of a hint of it, and it's had the sht wheeled out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts