TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on here and I'm looking for some trail rides in western PA. Does anyone know of any. :confused:

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I'm new on here and I'm looking for some trail rides in western PA. Does anyone know of any. :confused:
sorry man most of us on here are eastern folk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where are you in WPA? I'm in Somerset but I've been going to Rausch Creek and Paragon (when it's open). I don't mind the 3 hour drive, but it would be nice to wheel somewhere local too.
I hear there are a few places to go near Johnstown but I haven't found them yet. There are a lot of trails around WPA but they're not much more than dirt roads.

·
Registered
646 Posts
When I went to school down there I went on the trails near Johnstown. I went in on the trail in Ligonier. Decent trails since its the only thing around there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have heard about some trails in johnstown from a friend...I'll check with him...as far as Ligonier goes, I'm only an hour away from there...sure would love to do some wheelin...a friend has an FJ he's itchin to get muddy!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a trail run I helped with last year and had a great time. They are doing it again with 3 events this year. Come up and get muddy!!!:driving:

2007 Outback Adventure Series

May 26 & 27, 2007 Bruin 4X4 Outback Adventure
Bruin, PA

July 21 & 22, 2007 Mountaineer 4X4 Outback Adventure
Chester, WV

September 1 & 2, 2007 Boyers 4X4 Outback Adventure
Boyers, PA

Outback Adventures are organized trail riding.
Camping is available on site.
All Jeeps, Trucks and SUV’s are welcome.
Trail categories range from Stock to Moderate to Extreme
Come join in the fun and experience the thrills of trail riding with family, and make new friends.

For Information
Call (724) 285-5082

We hope to see you there.
Rob, Terri & Chuck

Check the website for updates:

http://meridianoffroad.com/

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live up here in Butler. I grew up in New Stanton and use to go wheelin all around Casparus and Hidden Valley.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live up here in Butler. I grew up in New Stanton and use to go wheelin all around Casparus and Hidden Valley.

yea, hidden valley...used to go up there years ago with some friends...dont really remember exactly how to get there...I wonder if we met in donegal?? do you remember how to get to the trails?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm about 10 minutes from Hidden Valley. Many of the trails that were there 5-10 years ago are gone (don't you just love development). The only AUTHORIZED trails left are snowmobile trails at the top of Rt.31.
One of the service mechanics at the dealership was telling me about a place they wheel in Johnstown. I get more info on my next visit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm about 10 minutes from Hidden Valley. Many of the trails that were there 5-10 years ago are gone (don't you just love development). The only AUTHORIZED trails left are snowmobile trails at the top of Rt.31.
One of the service mechanics at the dealership was telling me about a place they wheel in Johnstown. I get more info on my next visit.
yea, the johnstown thing is interesting...I'm going to ask a friend who used to be a member what is involved with that...let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How long would it take for you to get to wellsville, oh? I've been talking with some Ohio folk about going out there some time. As far as hidden valley goes, I do recall them closing it down a while ago. It use to be pretty cool to go down to the old turnpike tunnel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KB3gun, do you plan on trying to make it north for any of the Meridian offroad events? They have everything from stock to reallly extreme!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
How long would it take for you to get to wellsville, oh? I've been talking with some Ohio folk about going out there some time. As far as hidden valley goes, I do recall them closing it down a while ago. It use to be pretty cool to go down to the old turnpike tunnel.
looks like 1hr 40 mins to wellsville...thats do-able!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Meridan off road adventure

It's that time again for another off road event from Meridian off road. Round three is located in Wellsville, Ohio. This is diffrent form the well known yellowcreek. This is virgin land with new trails being cut in right now. Check out the website up a little in the fourms.:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is a trail run I helped with last year and had a great time. They are doing it again with 3 events this year. Come up and get muddy!!!:driving:

2007 Outback Adventure Series

May 26 & 27, 2007 Bruin 4X4 Outback Adventure
Bruin, PA

July 21 & 22, 2007 Mountaineer 4X4 Outback Adventure
Chester, WV

September 1 & 2, 2007 Boyers 4X4 Outback Adventure
Boyers, PA

Outback Adventures are organized trail riding.
Camping is available on site.
All Jeeps, Trucks and SUV’s are welcome.
Trail categories range from Stock to Moderate to Extreme
Come join in the fun and experience the thrills of trail riding with family, and make new friends.

For Information
Call (724) 285-5082

We hope to see you there.
Rob, Terri & Chuck

Check the website for updates:

http://meridianoffroad.com/

Hope to see some TTORA members there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
is that ride in Boyers still on for this weekend? My computer wasn't opening the brochure, how much is it and is it something that's worth doing if I could only come for one of the days? Thanks for the info and hopefully I'll convince my brother and fiance to make a day out of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts