TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched thru about 200 results and cant seem to find it. the one i am looking for is some guy on here flipped the rear reciever hitch on his truck for a better departure angle and had the hitch mount coming out of where the liscense plate mount is.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I did not see that thread................but I just did that same thing to mine...........I simply took the torch and cut through the welds holding the two end plates to the square hitch body...........then i bolted the end plates to the frame in their correct position and then put the middle body part up their and mocked / tack welded it in the correct position.......the took the whole thing back off the truck and finished welding it :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have any welding skills or access to a cutting torch. it wont work if a person is to just take it off a and flip it?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I don't know..........stock it bolts to the bottom of the frame..........I suppose since the frame is not boxed at that point it could be flipped so it sat on top of the frame.........It may work.......try it!!!

I cut mine up because i was using a custom bumper and i needed to get it in just the right position :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea mine is the stock bumper, any ideas on how to cut the hole in the stock bumper?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
not off hand.........It is gonna be hard to do it without discoloring the chrome.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i could give a shit less about the chrome lol.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
ok then mark out where you need the hole and run it down to the local exhaust shop and have them cut it with their torch.......they should do it pretty cheap for you

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i didn't have to cut my recever hitch at all... mine i just undid the 3 bolts on each side the the bar bolts to the side pieces and fliped the bar over (leaving the pieces that attach to the frame on) and bolted it back on. lined up perfict. still haven't cut my bumper yet, thought about just selling it and running without the bumper untill a custom rear one made.

sorry if this makes no since. hard to explain. i can get pics tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
fixed it.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Those must be the factory hitches that have the three bolts holding the end plates on???

mine is an aftermarket unit made by reese and it is welded together.......i had never seen a bolted one like that :confused:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yea the OEM ones have 3 bolts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts