TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
im looking to replace my procomp blocks with a leaf pack and traction bars.. Any reccomendations? :saw:
conctact Alcan; then can make you whatever you want.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 hytenor. Alcan is your best bet. Six inch lift spring is going to be a bit harder riding.

·
Registered
419 Posts
what years your taco? im looking for some full leaf packs for the same reason on my 06. the rear is lifted 3.5 inches...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
what years your taco? im looking for some full leaf packs for the same reason on my 06. the rear is lifted 3.5 inches...
I believe Silver's truck is an 07. Silver, fill in your sig bud.:)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now if I go with the Alcan springs.. Will my ride be un bearable? and what improvements will I see off road? also are traction bars good to have? or pointless with full leaf pack?

thanks

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Now if I go with the Alcan springs.. Will my ride be un bearable? and what improvements will I see off road? also are traction bars good to have? or pointless with full leaf pack?

thanks
Properly set up traction bar won't hurt you one bit. The 6 inch springs will ride harder than the 3 inch, due to a more agressive arch, but won't be a total buckboard ride. It's kinda like when you put a 4 inch kit on a jeep, it gets more harsh. But these leafs are longer than a jeep leaf, so it shouldn't be too bad. The problem is that the back of this truck doesn't weigh much, so the ride is going to get a bit stiff with the higher lift. As for flex, it shouldn't hurt you and the spring will get rid of a lot of the wheel hop that you get with the 3 inch block. Since you have a 6 inch drop bracket kit and the truck sits 1.5 inches higher in the rear from the factory, you should only need a 4.5 inch spring lift to get the job done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts