TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a AAL haul around 1300-1500 lbs in the bed? I am wondering if the bed sags with the AAL provided in either the cornfed or toytec? I need some rear support when hauling two sportbikes in the back of the tacoma and was wondering if the AAL with a 3" lift kit would prevent the sag under load? Or should I just get helper springs?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I hauled over 1500 lbs of construction waste with mine. The suspension never bottomed out but surely the truck was none too happy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I hauled a tuck load of fire wood that was probably close to what you are asking with my 3 inch aal. The rear saged alot. Enough to make the tires scrub when driving in grass.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I carry about 1k of tools/camping/skiiing gear and a 19' boat behind my truck. I have the Fabtech long AAL from Cornfed, it makes the rear alot stiffer while unloaded, when loaded for the weekend and sitting static I've yet to sit the main springs down on the overloads, which was something that happened alot prior to putting the AAL on.
Tim

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine doesnt bottom out now with the stock springs but when I load that thing up at night and go to the track the next morning that thing is riding LOW! I dont think its good for the shocks, leafs, axle with it sagging down like that. Plus the truck doesnt handle like it should. I was just wondering if I should buy the supersprings (self adjusting load leveling springs) or if I should buy the lift and kill two birds with one stone. It appears as though I am going to have to buy the supersprings to level the load if the AAL wont work. I guess its alright though because the superspring can adjust to give 2" of lift in the rear.
Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I went to the track 11 times this last year and plan on doing about 15 track days this year. I really didnt want to get a trailer because I am limited for garage space and dont have anywhere to store it. Plus bike trailers are alot of money, $1500.00+ for a two bike job (almost my whole track excusion fund).
So I dont know how much, or what, I will damage with it sagging like that for about 2000-3000 miles a year? It just doesnt look healthy with a 4x4 dropping like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
TuRD03
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing