TTORA Forum banner

Does it require dirt and trucks to be a TTORA event?

• YES! Dirt and Trucks are required for all TTORA events!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but it needs to be Truck/Wheeling related.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, but it needs to be Club related.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • NO! Any event set up on the boards is a TTORA event.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Titties! Shit what an idea! Let's have a run to a tittie bar!

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've noticed that many of us have other interests besides wheeling.

Some of us like to shoot, some of us like to dive, some of us like to look at titties, some of us like to go to concerts.

I've also noticed that we sometimes use the TTORA forums to set up events with other TTORA members doing these fun things.

So, here's my question...

If a group of TTORA members sets up an event where a half dozen or so show up for a concert or some other non- wheeling event, is it still a TTORA event?

What about a charity thing that's done at the club level, but doesn't involve putting trucks in the dirt? Is that a "Club run"?

I'm just curious, and wondering what should or should not be listed on the "Events" page.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
My thoughts... (m)

Since TTORA means' dirt and wheeling, it should mainly concentrate on those objectivies. But there should be a provision to have non-wheeling events, like WATs, charity or dinner meets that will help benefit spreading the word of TTORA. Going to the TITTIE bars :boobies:, even though I love them, the bars and titties, do not help spread the word of TTORA and what we do.

I do like the idea of where we have dinner meets at different resturants to discuss wheeling & club stuff. Ours here at the Texas Central Region is every last Friday of every month. I have had fun meeting and talking with new people. Though I do miss the wheeling, but it's more my fault, because I have been modifying my truck - ever so slowly, so it can be more capable. Only real last items to purchase and install are the suspension and tire/wheel comb I need to purchase this year.

Plus as many know, I have my other "car" club that I am heavily involved as their Project Coordinator, so my time is already set for those monthly events.

So any event (WAT, dinner, charity or wheeling) should be considered TTORA events. But if the general membership wants to do a meet at a tittie bar - - that's okay with me too, just don't tell the wife.:rolleyes: :wife:

My :2cents: worth.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I agree. You get can get to know people in this club very quickly. Eventually, everyone becomes friends and it's more than just an off-road club. It's a group of friends that share similar interests. Example: I would have never thought of other TTORA member being certified divers, but when the idea of a dive trip came up, everyone started coming forward saying they were certified too.

I think outdoor events, WATs, and other outings that show the club in a positive light should be considered TTORA events. Also, if the people participating are TTORA members and if the event was organized primarily on the boards.

·
Registered
964 Posts
This is probably too serious, but…. Oh well..
Pretty much agree with most everything thus far, but will add...

Ima thinking that the integrity of our organization “officially” is very important and we must protect that. We have a responsibility to keep official TTORA events, business dealings, and overall public contact / image clean and rated "G" so to speak; to protect how we are viewed by the Media, Government, Sponsors, and overall pubic at large. In today's society with so many people out to discredit anyone who does not go along with their beliefs; as anyone who watches the news or reads the News Paper can see, our image is of utmost importance.
How will we be viewed by our Government entities that we are asking to support and fight for our rights us view when if we are labeled as "trouble makers", or some other creative derogatory phrase someone looking for ratings can stick us with?

Unofficially, I am down for whatever on the most part..

Thread hijack in progress….. :p

Girlfriend and I are going to the Rush concert if anyone wants to join us. Got lawn seats so everyone can hang out that goes. Let me know!

ok, releasing the hostage... :p

Thanks!

Jacob

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
guess im alone on this one so far. I think any even (whether related to our trucks or not) should be listed as long as there is adequate participation and it is open to everyone in the club. #1 it gets us attention. Who DOESNT notice when 10 jacked up trucks pass through town in a convoy? Or when they are all parked out at Blue Lagoon? Sure the meat of the club is offroading, but as we all get to know each other and see the hobbies we share I think it should include that as well. Otherwise should we classify the beach run as an event? It is not offroad (just ask any DPS trooper :)) and monthly meetings are out as well. No more offroad expo either. Unless your a parking lot wheeler.

·
Registered
782 Posts
anytime we drive our trucks to an event post on here is a ttora event.... however with the recent ruling on drinking, there is maybe a variation between an official ttora event and a non-official event....

·
Registered
532 Posts
i chose titties. :D do strippers throw themselves at guys in convoys of jacked up trucks? i hope so.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Excellent post Frank, it ties into what we are trying to do with TXTTORA- make it a wheeling group again.

As a reminder, the requirements that must be met to be considered an "active member" are:

MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO STAY ACTIVE. To remain active you must do one of the following at least once every 3 months
  • Participate and Post on the Texas TTORA Forums
  • Participate in a local WAT or meeting
  • Attend a TTORA trail run

Friendship & camaraderie are of the utmost importance, that's the true value added by participation and without them this whole exercise is meaningless. These kind of 'non-related' activities are a very important part of that.

So, in order to help keep our focus on the "OR" part of TTORA, to keep the membership focused on the main reason we are all here, while encouraging folks to get together and providing a venue to do so, we will incorporate a separate folder for these things.

The "Get-togethers and other events" folder will be the place for those things that do not fall into the three requirements for active membership.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I put in my two cents up on top but I pretty much agree with what was clearly said on a couple of the first posts. As long as the image is clear that we are TTORA present and the participation being done is clean and honest it is an event. The beach run is an event, why not; we park the trucks in a look at me mode and post the banners. Weather its a beach run, WAT, BBQ, monthly meeting, or any other event that displays a clear image we are a club, its an event; let's just keep it clean and leagal. :D

BTW Frank, you forgot fishing, some of us like to fish too. Maybe we can do a fishing event. LOL!

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Here's the problem with the "Beach Event" or strip club events... it was highlighted during the discussion of the incident on Lion's Back.

If a trip is discussed as a TTORA event, it is a TTORA event. An off-road association does not need, nor necessarily want, to participate in things of a questionable nature. While I have no doubt the Beach thing is fun, I do not believe it should be organized nor publicized as a TTORA event. It should be, for lack of a better term, and "off-topic" event.

If it would portray TTORA in a questionable light, it should not be a TTORA sanctioned event. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just not under our umbrella of an event.

In all seriousness, there are absolutley no positives that can come out of insisting events based soley on drinking, going to strip clubs or whatever being construed as officially sanctioned TTORA activities, and way to many negatives.

They have nothing to with TTORA membership requirements, so they should have their own home seperate from TTORA events.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The "Get-togethers and other events" folder will be the place for those things that do not fall into the three requirements for active membership.
doesnt the regional folders accomplish this already? the big trail runs are about the only thing that gets posted in the events folder. i suppose the beach beer fest should fall outside the events folder but does include members from mulitple regions.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
well, not exactly Anthony. To me, the issue is one of seperation.

I will share with you what I told Shannon:

I like titties and beer as much as the next guy, but in light of everything that has gone on in the past months regarding TTORA and refining your position on substance abuse at events, I am really trying to keep everyone (including you and me) out of trouble.

If I have overstepped my bounds, please let me know. I know you like the beach trip also, but I am trying to walk a fine line in the best interest of TTORA. The last thing we need is the publicity of having an issue with photographing/harassing an underage girl, or someone getting hurt or arrested due to being hammered and the whole thing falling back on our shoulders. IMO, a problem is inevitable, so keeping TTORA officially separate is the only responsible thing to do.

The solution I intend to implement (a separate folder) is the exact same solution I used to keep TTR off the hook for our shenanigans that were not related to membership or participation in the club.

I just want to keep it simple, without interfering.

It's very simple, that's all there is to it.

It's not going to inconvenience anyone or curtail any activities, but segregating it and being clear that it has nothing to do with "membership" is a simple step to insulate TTORA from negative consequences.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i just meant if the new folder was necessary. would it help in distinguishing official from non official? or just confuse and scatter get togethers and meetings across more folders? the small get togethers and such are usually posted in regional folders except for the beach bashes. but i understand and agree with your reasoning.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
purity said:
would it help in distinguishing official from non official?
yes, and that's exactly why it would be segregated & disclaimed.

purity said:
...or just confuse and scatter get togethers and meetings across more folders?
I don't think it would have to, folks would just have to make a change. So, instead of posting "Bachelor Party June 2nd" in the Eastern Regional Folder, simply post "Houston Bachelor Party June 2nd", or better yet, "Kingwood Bachelor Party June 2nd", so that the actual place is in the title. This will help everyone know the three important things:
1. It is in the "Get-togthers" folder, so it is not a TTORA sanctioned event
2. Where it is- exactly, at a glance
3. When it is- exactly, at a glance

Seems easy enough to me: it doesn't interfere or infringe on anything at all, provides an area for folks to set-up and discuss get-togethers that are not directly related to TTORA membership and furthermore, it will help keep the TTORA events folder clear and make tracking of member's participation easier.

Sounds like a painless way to make a win-win out of this. :)

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
from what I understood by reading some of the national board threads, it seems the general consensus was that if it is posted on the TTORA boards then it is a TTORA event. is this not the case?

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
from what I understood by reading some of the national board threads, it seems the general consensus was that if it is posted on the TTORA boards then it is a TTORA event. is this not the case?
That pertains to actual wheelin events, or some kind of event that has to do with club promotion. It does not pertain to, as mentioned above, bachelor parties for example.

What you gotta realize is the difference between an actual event and a get together. An event is a function that is planned by the staff members and has something to do with the club. It does not have to be an actual wheelin event, but will have something to do with our trucks and promoting the club. Get togethers are something typically that a member would plan, such as a bbq, wot, etc... These are not considered events.

Also just to add, monthly meetings are not considered events, they are meetings, nothing more.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts