TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a search on "rear locker" and came up with results that suggest that there are some Toyota rear lockers that do not have a vent.
I was pressure washing the underside of my taco when I noticed that a tubing was detached. At first I thought it was wiring but turned out no wires in it just empty tubing, so I reattached it to the bigger tube sticking up from the actuator. Then I tested it and couldnt get the locker to lock, it just kept blinking. It was working a couple of days before.

UPDATE:
Here's the pic and my locker is working fine. The other end of this vent is at the frame near the brake BPV and has a slotted rubber cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Are you talking about the diff breather?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
pics would help... the breather on the axle doesnt have a rubber hose, so I am not sure what you where playing with? Thou your sig says extended diff breather, is it the part you extended?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I did a search on "rear locker" and came up with results that suggest that there are some Toyota rear lockers that do not have a vent.
I was pressure washing the underside of my taco when I noticed that a tubing was detached. At first I thought it was wiring but turned out no wires in it just empty tubing, so I reattached it to the bigger tube sticking up from the actuator. Then I tested it and couldnt get the locker to lock, it just kept blinking. It was working a couple of days before. I'll test it again when I get the chance may be tomorrow. I'll give it a chance to dry out in case some water did get in the tubing.
I know the tube you're referring to. I noticed it when I swapped in an 03 Elocker axle and just ran it up into the frame rail. Kinda forgot about it till now...

As far as what it's for, your guess is as good as mine.

~Miguel

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not the diff breather vent.

Aside from the wires in the wiring harness for the e-locker actuator theres a tubing that goes into a bigger diameter tubing that is sticking up above the actuator. This is true to both of my Tacos. When it got detached I checked the other Taco to verify that it goes into that bigger diameter tubing.
I'll take pics after work and post them.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
It is a breather for the locker, i have just finished taking my apart to fix it and I did notice it too. i did not follow it up but after i installed the locker again I added a little teflon greese and then tied it up with a tie wrap. I am resizing my pics to post them in a current e-locker fixing thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts