TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're getting ready for our trip to Moab next month, and I read in a couple of my Moab books that there are NO PETS allowed in the back country (and we'll be doing White Rim Trail). It says in the book that boarding is available in town. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for where to board my dog (Boston Terrier) while on White Rim?

She loves wheelin, but I guess she'll have to sit White Rim out.:(

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I just found this good site about pets in moab:
http://www.moab-utah.com/pets/index.html

but I'd still like to hear any experiences or recommendations that any of you guys & girls have.
sorry jamie i didn't even realize that dogs were not allowed on white rim. i am pretty sure they are allowed everywhere else (you just have to pack out their messes.)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
sorry jamie i didn't even realize that dogs were not allowed on white rim. i am pretty sure they are allowed everywhere else (you just have to pack out their messes.)
Oh - no worries - I've known that all along, but now that it's coming down to the wire, we need to figure out where we're going to board her for White Rim.

we are going to do white rim may 22-23, then in moab till the 29th or so. (how late are you staying Jamie?)
I think we are going to leave the night of the 27th, and stop and see Bethany's family in Denver (Maybe). I had planned on staying until the 29th - I don't have to be back at work until the 30th. I was planning on leaving on the night of the 18th, stopping somewhere around Des Moines to sleep, and getting to Moab sometime on the 19th.

you going to make it out there law? you should come out!
X2!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Oh - no worries - I've known that all along, but now that it's coming down to the wire, we need to figure out where we're going to board her for White Rim.

I think we are going to leave the night of the 27th, and stop and see Bethany's family in Denver (Maybe). I had planned on staying until the 29th - I don't have to be back at work until the 30th. I was planning on leaving on the night of the 18th, stopping somewhere around Des Moines to sleep, and getting to Moab sometime on the 19th.

X2!
who all is going out there? how many rigs per permit on the rim?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
who all is going out there? how many rigs per permit on the rim?
we have four trucks so far, me, Jamie (SAR Squid), Josh (jestermotorsports), and a guy that used to be on this board (themike) but bought a jeep rubicon unlimited. we have two permits, so there should be a spot, the way we are going to do it is have the permits but all stay at one camp site anyways and play dumb if the ranger comes by. so there should be an open spot for you if you want to come...

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
we have four trucks so far, me, Jamie (SAR Squid), Josh (jestermotorsports), and a guy that used to be on this board (themike) but bought a jeep rubicon unlimited. we have two permits, so there should be a spot, the way we are going to do it is have the permits but all stay at one camp site anyways and play dumb if the ranger comes by. so there should be an open spot for you if you want to come...
cool! ill keep yall up to date if im going or not..
i just got another month off :D

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which campsite did you get?
Matt (Texan1983) got Gooseberry-A, and Candlestick. I got Airport-D, and Hardscrabble-A. But like Matt said we're probably just going to play dumb and all crash at the same sites.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts