TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i know scotia on here was getting DOM pretty cheap....but where does he get it.

OR better yet where can I get some up there round Houston area.
Feel free to chime in but "if" you know some place can ya at least give me a name,phone number, or address to go by tracking the company down. I want to get some 1 3/4 X .120 wall... and other sizes.

I've call local area places that deal with metals..no one has it and it would be considered a "special order" and i'm sure a "special" price follows that. on the web its just not worth all that fucking shipping cost for what i want...cheaper to drive and get it.

thanks....nutz:)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Have you seen this on the N.B to see if any of this might work?? He's from houston
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153954

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a bunch of material that I've been collecting for a future project that is never going to happen, so it needs to go. Everything is located in Houston Tx. Interested in trades for guns, ammo, gun parts, etc.

- 2.25" OD x 1.75" ID A-513 type 5 DOM tubing - I have MTRs and can provide a copy if needed. Min yield strength is 93,446 PSI. $10 a foot OBO. Lengths listed below.

1 piece 48"
1 piece 56"
4 pieces 71-72"
2 pieces 84"
1 piece 109"
1 piece 137"
1 piece 144"

- 1 1/2" SCH XXS ASTM A106B pipe (1.90" OD x 1.10" ID) - This is structural material, not "poop pipe". I have MTRs and can provide a copy if needed. Min yield strength is 43,000 PSI. I have a single 192" stick - $100 OBO

- 1 11/16" OD solid 1018 round bar. I have MTRs and can provide a copy if needed.

4 pieces 36" - $20 each
1 piece 96" - $60

- 1 1/2" OD solid round bar, material unknown, most likely 1018 or A36. 144" - $50 obo.

·
Registered
75 Posts
SSS in Houston has the best prices. Tubular Steel in Katy also carries it and they are a little higher than SSS, but not much and Tubular Steel usually stocks it. I just picked up some 1.5 .109 wall for $1.40 per ft. That was HREW not DOM though.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i called a local shop who deals with common metal and they said he would look and see what he could find but would have to call me back and that was monday...no reply yet. i need to get some by this weeknd...want to get started on fab'n up my sliders for the 07 tundra and pauls taco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts