TTORA Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Apply some heat and beat it straight with a hammer, it'll run fine. :D

I guess that explains why it was running bad. Did you do this, or do you believe it was PO damage?

·
Registered
4,982 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Apply some heat and beat it straight with a hammer, it'll run fine. :D

I guess that explains why it was running bad. Did you do this, or do you believe it was PO damage?
I'm thinking that the bad head gasket led to water getting on top of the piston, which bent the rod. The cylinder wall still looks good, so I am running with the assumption that there are no other major problems and putting it back together. A new piston, rings, and rod bearings on cyl 4 along with the new head gasket should get it back on the trail. Eventually I'm going to have to stop throwing band aids at this motor and come up with a permanent solution for my aging 360k mile 22re.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
It's alive!! Had to replace a bunch of rubber hoses that swelled up bad b/c of the oil running through them. Rod bearings on cyl 1 and 4 looked like crap again, but it's been almost 2 years since I put that set in without machining the crank. Threw a new set of bearings at it and hopefully I can go another 2 years before tearing into the motor again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just bought this rig and drove it home 3.5 hrs haha. I did run into problems with the front axle on the passenger side. Going to tear it down tonight to see whats up.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
I just bought this rig and drove it home 3.5 hrs haha. I did run into problems with the front axle on the passenger side. Going to tear it down tonight to see whats up.
It's a great rig. I considered buying it back not long ago. I can't believe you drove it that far! How did it do? Hopefully you keep it longer than the other folks have. It's bounced around a lot since I sold it. :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's a great rig. I considered buying it back not long ago. I can't believe you drove it that far! How did it do? Hopefully you keep it longer than the other folks have. It's bounced around a lot since I sold it. :(
It did great till that brake caliper started locking up I thought it had something wrong with the hub but ended up just being a caliper. I had it running 60 never got hot and only used a half a tank of gas. It does have couple leaks on the t-cases but other than that its great. rode rough as he!!. Did you balance the tires with BB's? I also love the rear bumper you built for it.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts