TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently installed a donahoe coilover camburg uca combo on my truck, i left the donahoe's at the factory lift setting 2inches i believe, so i get done installing everything took the jack stands out of the way and set it on the ground the suspension didnt move at all?! it just stayed where it was when it was lifted off the ground ( i hope this makes sense) i understand you have to let things settle but i dont think the suspension is supposed to be that stiff where nothing moves at all after the install. i dont have a rear suspension right now im waiting for the parts so i cant drive it around, is this normal? im i stressing over nothing? right now it looks like its sitting at 3+inches of lift and the uniballs look maxed out. will the suspension really settle down a whole inch?

·
Registered
279 Posts
that sounds about right. I got the camburg arms and there 2.5 coilovers and when the truck was lowered the tires didnt move up at all like when it was stock....it still drives fine and there is plenty of suspension travel. look at the pictures i attached....my uniballs kinda look maxed out but there is plenty of down travel as long as you don't go over 2 inches of lift. these pictures were taken with the truck on the ground. Keep in mind that the spring is much rate is diffrent now. Stock i think it was a 500lbs spring and now its a 650lbs spring

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im dont know the difference between older and 05+ tacos but my suspenions looks really maxed out compared to yours

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would double check the lift adjustment and make sure that it is set at 2 inch's of lift. If its where is should be then i would take a picture of it and email it to Camburg. When you call them ask for Scott and see what he thinks and may as well send one to Donahoe Racing too

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didnt adjust i threw them on the the factory preset 2inches of lift and it looks like my truck is sitting on maybe 3.5inches, i dont know, i have no idea what could be wrong

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Its got to settle its fine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here are some pics, did your guys look like this right after install? before they settled? does it look normal?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thats what mine looked liked when I first got mine. Go beat on them and it wont be at such an angle anymore, it will settle in.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you really want to get more travel and still have height, get your dhoes extended.. tell em I sent you .. I was the first, and I loved them!!
i was thinking of doing that in the near future, thanks guys for settling my nerves i still need to get the rear done then ill be able to settle them, thanks guys

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
if you really want to get more travel and still have height, get your dhoes extended.. tell em I sent you .. I was the first, and I loved them!!
If the uniball is maxed out you will not gain travel by extending the coilovers...

·
Registered
212 Posts
here are some pics, did your guys look like this right after install? before they settled? does it look normal?

no it doesn't look normal. Your uniball looks maxed out. I have TC arms and the uniball points 90 degrees straight up even with 2.5" of lift.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
no it doesn't look normal. Your uniball looks maxed out. I have TC arms and the uniball points 90 degrees straight up even with 2.5" of lift.
yea, the last time I saw a set of Camburgs and hoes that looked like that they had been installed upside down and backwards.

and no, I won't say who ;)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Have you pulled the truck out of the garage yet? If not, the tires are resting on the on the outside of the tred not allowing the suspension to settle in... Just pull it out and back it back in and it should settle...

Later
Joel
X2 Until the truck is driven a little bit it will sit pidgeon toe. As for the height it will go down as well once you break in your coilovers. Everytime I do anything to my truck and bring it down off jack stands it sits like that.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
If the uniball is maxed out you will not gain travel by extending the coilovers...
Does having the uniballs maxed out mean having the coilovers turned way up? Thats what I thought at least.

So if the coilover is at Donahoe factory setting 2" then your fine to extend as well as gain travel? (with aftermarket UCAs:D ) I dont want to be wrong so If I am set me straight. Thanks

·
Registered
2,460 Posts

After looking at the pic I would agree with others the uniball dosent look right. Can this be tied to it not having been driven on to settle??

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That's how mine looked at full droop, tires off the ground. Even at 3.0 lift, I still had room left in the uniball travel. That looks maxxed out. Heres mine at 2.5 lift. The suspension will settle, but IMO that is way too much angle. It's almost like the arms are swapped to wrong side. But the TC arms have the gusset on the top. Maybe you got a bad set.:2cents:

Attachments

·
Registered
975 Posts
the arms are on backwards and upside down.on my 2002 the gusset brackets point up and the zerk fittings poin down.because at ride height you should have alot more uniball travel than you do know.you arm should look like this

1 - 20 of 66 Posts