TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been writeups from a couple of other people about changing their Coilovers to the extended travel version. I just dropped mine off at Donahoe today, and I wanted to take a second to say that Donahoe's customer service is top notch. Those guys are extremely helpful and they stand behind their product 100%, and that's how you keep customers. I dropped them off for the extended travel conversion and at the same time they are going to replace both the coil springs because one of them had some powdercoating coming off and it was showing a little rust. Also they are going to upgrade both top plates because mine are the older ones and they are now using different top plates on all the newer coilovers. All of this plus recharging them and it only cost $40-$50 per coilover. They said I can pick them up tomorrow morning, so they were quick on the turnaround time as well. I can't say enough about the level of service from Donahoe Racing, which can be a rare thing these days.

· Registered
3,349 Posts
cell4soul said:
I know there has been writeups from a couple of other people about changing their Coilovers to the extended travel version. I just dropped mine off at Donahoe today, and I wanted to take a second to say that Donahoe's customer service is top notch. Those guys are extremely helpful and they stand behind their product 100%, and that's how you keep customers. I dropped them off for the extended travel conversion and at the same time they are going to replace both the coil springs because one of them had some powdercoating coming off and it was showing a little rust. Also they are going to upgrade both top plates because mine are the older ones and they are now using different top plates on all the newer coilovers. All of this plus recharging them and it only cost $40-$50 per coilover. They said I can pick them up tomorrow morning, so they were quick on the turnaround time as well. I can't say enough about the level of service from Donahoe Racing, which can be a rare thing these days.

thats good to hear. i thought rebuilding them was more expensive though.

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read this: http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61288&highlight=extended+coilover

Ryguy was the first to have it done and I am sure he could tell you a lot more. The parts are being replaced as warranty. The coil spring because of the powdercoating flaking off and rust starting to show and the top plates because mine are from the original design. I pick them up tomorrow so i will keep everyone updated. Unfortunately I won't be able to test them out until the new rear end is finished.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
Thanks!

If you have extra time, maybe you can ask Donahoe about KING claiming to pull 11.5" of travel and how that compares with his 05+ Extended Coilovers. I know 06LVTACO already called but all Dhoe said was "The KINGS are like Donahoe coilovers when you extend/rebuild them"....maybe a Dhoe rep can reinterate and be a little more specific

· Registered
638 Posts

· Registered
2,494 Posts
BTW Donahoe tech support reiterated that you should only extend your COs if you already have aftermarket UCAs. :D

· Registered
494 Posts
Let me know if it really made a difference. I'm debating whether to go through the trouble of taking them out and not having a truck for a few days then reinstalling them back.

Ray

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
06LVTACO said:
BTW Donahoe tech support reiterated that you should only extend your COs if you already have aftermarket UCAs. :D
Yeah I know, I am running Donahoe's UCA's so I should be fine.

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SCEXPLORER said:
Let me know if it really made a difference. I'm debating whether to go through the trouble of taking them out and not having a truck for a few days then reinstalling them back.

Ray
I just picked them up and the total was $77 for both Coilovers. Donahoe did everything they said they would, including the new coil springs, top plate, and extended travel rebuild. I couldn't be happier and just want to say that those guys fu*king rock. I've complained about service from Toyota on this sight before, and so now I have to give props where props are do.....I just wish Toyota would learn a little something about service from Donahoe, but that's a different story. My new rear end should be done in a week or two and I can give these new coilovers a beating and let you all know how they do. Thanks again Donahoe Racing.

· Registered
494 Posts
Can you measure the length from bottom eye to plate when extended? I requested to get the extended version a while back and then I got on this forum and saw that they don't make the extended for 05+ so it got me thinking that I didn't get extended. The shop never told me. I wanna see if I got the extended version.

· Registered
812 Posts
I love reading this - I am going with Donahoe's all round and am glad to hear great reviews about the customer service.

I am also interested to see what comes of the extended version - I was also told that there was not an extended version for the 05+ but this leads me to believe otherwise.

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
City_Rider said:
I love reading this - I am going with Donahoe's all round and am glad to hear great reviews about the customer service.

I am also interested to see what comes of the extended version - I was also told that there was not an extended version for the 05+ but this leads me to believe otherwise.
Yeah, there is, I've got on 05+

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
City_Rider said:

That's a great choice, not just because of their second to none customer service, but their products speak for themselves.

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SCEXPLORER said:
Can you measure the length from bottom eye to plate when extended? I requested to get the extended version a while back and then I got on this forum and saw that they don't make the extended for 05+ so it got me thinking that I didn't get extended. The shop never told me. I wanna see if I got the extended version.
That shouldn't be a problem, but I will nee to get the rear end finished first so I can drive it in to a situation where I can get one wheel off the ground so I can take a measurement.......unless you can think of another way to do it.

· Registered
2,494 Posts
SCEXPLORER said:
They just announced that they will officially extend your COs a few weeks ago. RyGuy was first and they have been testing until recently. I bugged them until I heard that it was finally coming out. It sounds like from CELL4SOUL that it is a very well organized upgrade. I cant wait for mine.:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.