TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would be the largest tire I could run on the stock 17" wheels on an '07 4WD Double Cab if I get the Donahoe upper control arms with the Donahoe coil overs? I've searched a good bit on biggest tires on stock wheels and could not find an answer to this question...

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
well,, it comes on 31's stock. If you did the Danahoe coil overs, you will get 2.5-3" of lift. This would able you to run 32's with no problem. If you want you can run 33's, but they may rub a little. The UCA's are a good decision, because i have heard about big vibration problems w/o them. You will need something to lift the rear...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
well,, it comes on 31's stock. If you did the Danahoe coil overs, you will get 2.5-3" of lift. This would able you to run 32's with no problem. If you want you can run 33's, but they may rub a little. The UCA's are a good decision, because i have heard about big vibration problems w/o them. You will need something to lift the rear...
Why would you crank $1000 COs to give 3" of lift?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure if that's for me or muddin taco but I am planning on running the preset lift from Donahoe ( I think around 2.5" ), I'm not sure what to do with the back yet as I need to maintain stock carrying capacity due to hauling MX bikes and gear and sometimes heavy trailors.....

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
McJohn said:
not sure if that's for me or muddin taco but I am planning on running the preset lift from Donahoe ( I think around 2.5" ), I'm not sure what to do with the back yet as I need to maintain stock carrying capacity due to hauling MX bikes and gear and sometimes heavy trailors.....
You can fit a 285/70/17 tire

As for the rear, you might want to go AAL for payload capacity

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I did Dhoe Extend COils with UCA's from DHoe and put 315 and it rubbed. I had 33.5 or 295's and no rub, but no matter what you do you have to notch your frame. You can stick 305's with that combo if you notch your frame and plate it. DMZ or demello can help you out if you want.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:

dude what are you talking about vibration problems without donahoe coilovers???? top a arms have nothing!! to do with vibration. with 33's some get mild rub ,some get bad rub, some get none. search around and make your own decision.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
McJohn said:
they come with 2 inches from donahoe, which is a damn fine shock btw, and as far as load capacity, you should go with the ome dakars, decent flex and decent payload. not to mention a decent price

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
arrowpilot said:
Mite wanna look at this mod before loadin a dirt bike in the back of your 07.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54883
that is cool, thanks for the link...

right now it's just a bed full of cobra and ktm 50's and my pit bike as my kids are still young, when I'm hauling the big bikes for my buddies and I we use a trailor....I figured a big bike would hang off the back of the t-gate anyway so I planned on using a trailor all along, I was going to get a long bed but I like the shorter length of the short bed for woods riding....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts