TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorta new to wheeling and I have a quick question about the Donahoe Coilovers. If I bought these and required 3 inches of lift (I would have to crank them all the way up to 3" of lift), would they be worth while getting. Should you use them cranked all the way up to 3 inches?

Thanks for any help.

Jason

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
why do you require 3" of lift? it's best to not go over 2.5" but it varies from truck to truck. you could go up to 3" and get a diff drop

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
How much tire do you plan on running?? Or, look at it this way.. Do you NEED one of the best suspensions available for the taco?? Or do you just want one? They are VERY good. And, you probably don't need anything more up front unless you are deadly serious with your truck. If you want to run 35's, you need something like a fabtech kit to get the clearance, and regearing. And, possibly still run the Donahoes. It would be a hell of a truck, but not cheap!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
no kidding hoes arent cheap, but i LOVE MINE!!!

·
609 Posts
jbstrd said:
I am sorta new to wheeling and I have a quick question about the Donahoe Coilovers. If I bought these and required 3 inches of lift (I would have to crank them all the way up to 3" of lift), would they be worth while getting. Should you use them cranked all the way up to 3 inches?

Thanks for any help.

Jason
I run about 3.75" of lift and still have room to crank more IF I wanted a lousy ride, zero down travel, blown boots, f'ed up tie rods and ball joints. You can do 3" but 2.5" is the general safe zone for long lasting CV boots unless you go manual hubs like I did. That is the beauty of adjustable coild in that you can set them for whatever increments you desire. Do you anticipate beating your truck or are you just looking for height?

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have spacers on there right now and want to go with a quality coilover that will last for the life of the truck. Right now I have 3" and am running 33's with very minimal rubbing. I also have the diff drop. I realize that I probably do not need this expensive of a setup, but why the hell not? I wheel lightly but more than most pavement princesses. So, what I am wondering is, for a daily driver and a "weekend wheeler," would this be a good choice if I have to have three inches to clear my tires?

Thanks, Jason.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Yes, it wil be worth the money in the long run. They can be rebuilt, after some years of work. They are really beautiful pieces of art; lots of attention to detail. And, as a bonus, when you feel crazy, they will go crazy with you! Blow the dough... you only live once. Just remember to USE them every so often. Hint.. save the stock setup for 4 years down the road when you have them serviced. This way, the truck is not down for a week.

·
609 Posts
rojodiablo said:
Yes, it wil be worth the money in the long run. They can be rebuilt, after some years of work. They are really beautiful pieces of art; lots of attention to detail. And, as a bonus, when you feel crazy, they will go crazy with you! Blow the dough... you only live once. Just remember to USE them every so often. Hint.. save the stock setup for 4 years down the road when you have them serviced. This way, the truck is not down for a week.
DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER! Right on the head with saving the stock setup. I f'd that up. Get then and you will be happy.

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot. It will probably be a while till I have the extra dough. But i will definitely look into Donahoes.

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts