TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw this on the Donahoe Racing website and am wondering if anybody has tried these out.http://www.donahoeracing.com/pr_detail.php?prID=53

These might be good for those of us who want the most of our coilovers and dont have the money for a long travel suspension. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
I think those are made by Light Racing for D-hoe. They look pretty nice. You can get more info on them here.
Looks like D-hoe and Light Racing have some sort of deal. D-hoe builds their coilovers and Light Racing builds D-hoe the bumpstops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
Bent Wheel said:
I guess you’d be pushing your truck pretty hard and fast to need those.
Actually its not that hard to bottom out on Dhoes (if youre in the dez, idontknow about 4wheeling)......i cant go through whoops past 30mph without slamming HARD on my skidplate, everytime i bottom out hard i have to slow down....

These bumps would be perfect!


06LVTACO: i feel you, gotta make the most of what youve got!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marnes2986 said:
Actually its not that hard to bottom out on Dhoes (if youre in the dez, idontknow about 4wheeling)......i cant go through whoops past 30mph without slamming HARD on my skidplate, everytime i bottom out hard i have to slow down....

These bumps would be perfect!

06LVTACO: i feel you, gotta make the most of what youve got!!!!
x2 on it being easy to bottom out the D-hoes on whoops. These might help on making the coilovers last. If nothing else to avoid damage. I havent had issues with the rear suspension but in the front I am always worried about damage.

I know some members here think its all about the bling etc but regular wheeling vs playing in the dez are completley different. I know Im not setup for serious rockcrawling and vice versa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lost Canadian said:
I think those are made by Light Racing for D-hoe. They look pretty nice. You can get more info on them here.
Looks like D-hoe and Light Racing have some sort of deal. D-hoe builds their coilovers and Light Racing builds D-hoe the bumpstops.
That info was useful thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Interesting. I'm gonna keep an eye out for these. Like Marnes said, It's easy to bottom out the Dhoes when going over whoops at 40+. Atleast with these you can get the added dampening offroad without having to stiffen you're ride onroad. How much do you think their gonna cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
great something else that i will have to install on my truck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
where does it go on? bolt on or custom mounted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
so, they reduce stress on coilovers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ryguy said:
These are nice.. but I think Foxes are way way cheaper!
Man I hope you are not comparing these parts to your LT kit. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Muddin taco2131 said:
so, they reduce stress on coilovers?
From what I understand, you adjust the bumpstop so that the last bit of compression on your coilover is softened up so its not that harsh bottom out. Those of you who have experienced it know that it sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,364 Posts
I checked it out on their website. The whole kit mounts via the use of existing holes, with the exception of cutting the front bumpstop and removing the rear bumpstop, then using the existing rivet locations for bolt in installation. Looks like a lot of thought went into the installation/braketry issues, looks very well engineered. I will be ordering up a kit soon. I bottom out my suspension in the desert.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
mojavegold said:
I checked it out on their website. The whole kit mounts via the use of existing holes, with the exception of cutting the front bumpstop and removing the rear bumpstop, then using the existing rivet locations for bolt in installation. Looks like a lot of thought went into the installation/braketry issues, looks very well engineered. I will be ordering up a kit soon. I bottom out my suspension in the desert.
Where did you see this info?
 
1 - 20 of 164 Posts
Top