TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question: is it OK to use both Donahoe Signature Series Rear Reservoir Shocks with the OME Emu Dakar leaf springs? I'm looking to buy the Dakars, and want to know if it would benefit me at all to go with the DRs in the rear on this set-up (to match what will go in front), or if sticking with a full-EMU rear is a better idea.

Thanks!
-Radar

·
225 Posts
The question: is it OK to use both Donahoe Signature Series Rear Reservoir Shocks with the OME Emu Dakar leaf springs? I'm looking to buy the Dakars, and want to know if it would benefit me at all to go with the DRs in the rear on this set-up (to match what will go in front), or if sticking with a full-EMU rear is a better idea.

Thanks!
-Radar
You know thats a good question. We have never tested OME rear springs with our shocks. I dont think it would hurt. Our shock is set up for STOCK bump stops and 2 inches or so more droop so if anything you should get more wheel travel. Our rear shocks were valved to a Deaver 8 leaf pack so I cant tell you how the ride would be compaierd to an OME rear shock and spring.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You know thats a good question. We have never tested OME rear springs with our shocks. I dont think it would hurt. Our shock is set up for STOCK bump stops and 2 inches or so more droop so if anything you should get more wheel travel. Our rear shocks were valved to a Deaver 8 leaf pack so I cant tell you how the ride would be compaierd to an OME rear shock and spring.
GET TO IT

·
Registered
750 Posts
GET TO IT
x2 - I am interested in the Rear Reservoir Shocks with the Dakar pack - if I could get a pair of shocks tuned for the Dakars it makes it that much more attractive...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I was really hoping for a "Yes" or "No" answer, so I didn't have to tip my ignorance cards even further. But, alas, here goes:

By your response, I understand that the shocks are more-or-less designed to operate with one type of spring or another, based upon that spring's performance. Since the DRs are meant to work with the Deaver 8-leaf (a more flex-y, less smooth-riding spring than the Dakar), does this mean that the DRs will also have some greater flex and less smoothness to them than the OME shocks?

Or, to put it another way: how much of a factor is the shock vs. the leaf springs when it comes to ride/performance?

Thanks,
-Radar
Noob Extraordinare

PS If you're looking for a "test vehicle," let me know. <hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge> ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts

Thanks!
-Radar
I just put OME Dakar leafs with donahoe racing shocks on my 2007 DC - and they ride is great.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good to hear - glad we have a test subject.

How long have they been on there?¿
since last saturday :)

if my DR UCA's come by friday I will have those on friday night and be out wheeling on saturday to run the setup through its paces.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i ran the donahoe shocks on the back of my truck for the better part of six months before i installed the deaver leaf springs. i thought it road great! then when i installed the leaf pack, i couldnt believe the preformance increase. i dont think you can really go wrong buying any of donahoe products.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE

I've had the Donahoe Rear Reservoir shocks and Dakar leafs installed on my truck for a few months now, and it seems to be a pretty nice set-up. I don't have a whole lot to compare it to, besides stock, but it's worked well for me thus far. Obviously, a bit "stiffer" ride than stock, but that's to be expected with any off-road suspension upgrade, from what I can tell. All-in-all, seems to be a good combo - one that I'd recommend! :)

Happy wheeling,
-Radar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts