TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Donahoe UCA's Installed today pics!!

I Traded my Camburg UCA's for the Donahoe ones this weekend, and really havent heard to many people talkin about them on here that actully have them. I like them so far, but need to break them in to know for sure compared to the camburg's, other then looking better and the cool uniball cover. They are not so bling in person they are more like a titanium color then chrome like the pics on there website, ill post pics when i can get my hands on a camera or just use my cell phone. But the point of this post is to see who has them and how they like them so far and if the weather coating on them is lasting

·
Registered
717 Posts
i have been thinking to trade in my Camburg UCAs for donahoes when i get the chance, but dont know if the price if worth it. keep us informed about how you think they are over the camburg UCAs.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they are pretty stiff but i hit every bump and speed bump i can to loosen them up, another reason my truck feels a little weird and stiff is i got the total chaos poly steering rack bushings on at the same time

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
got the pics off my phone

got the pics off my phone

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My personal opinion is that I stay away from aluminum suspension components. They have a much lower cycle life than steel and the failure tends to be abrupt with no warning. Steel will crack before it is about to give, aluminum just breaks when it hits the end of it's life span. The weight savings just aren't there, due to the fact that the aluminum part has to be much thicker than it's steel counterpart to produce the same or superior strength. Granted, the upper CA sees very little stress in relationship to the lower arm, but it still sees load. Will you ever break it during the course of owning the truck, probably not. But then again, they just look BITCHIN! How is the clearance between the UCA and the CO at full droop? Does it hit? Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they dont touch at all

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
if i was to put that kind of $$$ into the front i'd just throw it towards a full LT kit...but they really are nice looking. only seen em on cell4soul's rig buit they are bling

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I traded my camburg's for them strait up

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
love mine. dont really see a huge upgrade over the camburg arms other than the cover and bling factor, but i love overkill, lol. took mine to lucerne yesterday and had no problems.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Donnys garage in sacramento he deals pretty big with donahoe so he gets things for free or real cheap to see if he wants to sell them or not

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he does want me to put a decent size Donnysgarage.com sticker on my truck though

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
If I had the opportunity to pick them up for a deal like you got, I think I would do it. But I have a brand new set of Camburgs, sitting here waiting to go on, and I just can't see paying DOUBLE the cost of the Camburg UCA's, for something that's not exactly double the benefit.

...but they sure look pretty! :blingb:

I am interested to hear from someone that finally actually has them on their truck. Make sure you keep us inquiring minds updated on how they're working out for you. DR's Coilovers are tried and true, and I'll be interested to see how these UCA's stand up over time.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
hey post up his garage info.i have some more work getting done and im looking for a shop to help setup my rear suspension.the alcan aal has been nice but im looking for a better match to my saw2.5 and camburg uca

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've been running the Donahoe UCA's for a while and I am happy with them, but all I have to compare them to is the stock ones. They'll take a lickin', but then again so did my stock ones. Hindsight's always 20/20, but if I had to do the truck all over again, I wouldn't have spent a dime on front suspension until I had the money for an SAS. In time I will still do the SAS and then someone can buy all my Donahoe stuff.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
cell4soul said:
I've been running the Donahoe UCA's for a while and I am happy with them, but all I have to compare them to is the stock ones. They'll take a lickin', but then again so did my stock ones. Hindsight's always 20/20, but if I had to do the truck all over again, I wouldn't have spent a dime on front suspension until I had the money for an SAS. In time I will still do the SAS and then someone can buy all my Donahoe stuff.
Same deal! but instead of SAC....Long Travel for me

"Do it right the first time" :doh:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He is in elk grove in Sacramento the shop is Donny's Garage and you can see his website at www.DonnysGarage.com he has a couple pictures of my truck gettin air in the gallery

·
Registered
484 Posts
A plus I see with the DR UCA is the cover for the uniball that should extend the lifespan by keeping more crap out.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah the cover has a ruber o ring for a a better seal

1 - 20 of 31 Posts