TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read just about every review and everything about the Donahoe and All-Pro coilovers with upper arm and now I need some opinions on which one I should go with. I am going to be combining it with deaver 62's, 16 inch fox smooth bodies and 12 inch above the frame shackle in the back.

Donahoe's (I would get the protective plating) ~$1000
All Pro with UCA ~$1099

I know the Donahoes are the best out there but do the benefits of the UCA push the All Pro's ahead? The plan is to eventually go long travel in the front but financially I dont see that happening for another 4-5 years.

-Spencer

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
id go with the donahoe coilovers and upper arm

or donahoe coilovers with a camburg or tc upper arm if $ is of a concern

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you're planing on going to LT in the front in the near future, I'd go with the cheaper option(save money on the temp setup). But if you're going to stick with it I'd go with the DR.

Edit: didn't see the last part of your post(4-5 years)... so ya, DRs

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If you plan on goin LT in the future just save the thousand or more your spending on a temp and keep it stock for a while, til you get the rest because as soon as you buy those and want LT even more your gonna be bummed that you didnt just keep saving. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
668 Posts
If you plan on goin LT in the future just save the thousand or more your spending on a temp and keep it stock for a while, til you get the rest because as soon as you buy those and want LT even more your gonna be bummed that you didnt just keep saving. Just my :2cents:
i agree... but why LT? is there a lot of desert terrain in MI? :D

·
Banned
966 Posts
uca vs. uca vs. uca, some are chromoly while others are DOM. does it really make a difference on a rather stock truck doing A-to-B driving ?? not really. of the 3 (camburg, all-pro, dr) get the UCA that is least expensive.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree... but why LT? is there a lot of desert terrain in MI? :D
Maybe in 300 years if you buy into the global warming thing. Mostly its for logging trails, two tracks, etc. There is a few dunes on the west side of the Lower Peninsula but I've never even been over to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts